Good lord, this mission is hard!

DoomMunky

Man, this mission is killing me. I get to the point where the "technical expert" is told to run away, but I can't freakin' get through the bottleneck into the area he's in! After about 5 or 6 turns I'm informed that I've failed that objective (though I think I can still complete the other one, with the documents) and even after that, fighting my way in to the cave room with the boxes is next to freakin' impossible! I've got a sniper lvl 6 as my main and a lvl 6 medic (Abala) is backing him up. Both have rifles, and suck at grenades and pretty much everything else.

Any tips? I'm gonna try and upload some screenies; I hope they will give you guys some ideas....

Here's one: https://img18.exs.cx/img18/6199/thisone0vd.th.jpg

The thing with this screenshot is that I snuck in! Stealthed! Maybe that is the key...!

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

I hit the technical expert with a rifle shot that was intended for someone else and he thought twice about running away after that.

Other than that, if you've got any grenades, use them. Be careful not to blow up the create behind the stack of boxes though!

I sent two stealth guys crawling down either side of the corridor (sniper on left hand side) and set everyone else prone at the other end of corridor with rifles / machine guns.

The character on the right should be able to spot the very end of the cave before he/she gets noticed, and that should reveal your primary target.

Then it is down to a bit of luck, but when you've got a decent shot with both hidden chars, shoot (for the head if possible). I was lucky as I did enough damage + bleeding, which meant although he escaped my view he didn't make it to the ladder :D

I did much the same as the others. Sneak as far as you can, and before you're spotted you'll see to the end of the room, and thus see the expert when he starts running. Rest is down to luck :D. Oh, and I can't access your screen. You should upload it to the forum instead.

Thanks, y'all. I'm glad I'm not the only one with problems in this mission! I ended up getting through it last night, but I'm probably going to do it over because I saved and reloaded so many times I felt like I was cheating...we'll see. Consensus seems to be that if I can shoot the dude before he runs off, I'll have a better chance of keeping him around. I'll see what I can do.

As for uploading the image, how do I post it here to the forum? If I can't host it on a website, how do I put it up here? I think there's a "add attachment" option for the forum that's not enabled. That would make life a little easier... :D