Sentinels US release info....blechhh...

I fired off an e-mail to Jowood yesterday, and here's what I got in return:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear DoomMunky,

We are currently evaluating as to when Silent Storm Sentinels will be released in North America, but have not set a definitive date yet. Unfortunately, European on-line retailers do not ship to the U.S. due to customs and tax regulations.

Best regards

Nicole Mühlbacher

Marketing Assistant

Technologiepark 4a

8786 Rottenmann

phone: +43 ()3614 2966 1056

fax: +43 ()3614 2966 1064

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this true, about the customs? GoGamer sure thinks that they ship to the US, offering that service on their site like they do...

So, there's more definitive word from the publishers.

Poop.

What GoGamer do is they buy a crate of games from Europe and offer them for sale in their US online shop. Thus you'll not get tax on it, as this has already been handled by GoGamer. At least I think that's how it is. If you're not sure, send them a mail and ask.

As for JoWooD and NA release, thanks for the heads up! Still no definite answer? Starting to doubt they'll ever release it in NA....

Paradox entertainment sells its own games directly from Sweden. They've been nastily tricked when selling to the USA their latest release (Hearts of Iron II - a game I had the privilege to betatest). As games did stay in customs between 10 & 14 days - which made American customers VERY unhappy, as Euros & Australians could play far before them.....

It might be possible to buy from Europe, but don't expect a quick delivery in the USofA. Recent sad events did make local custom personal quite zealous...

Yeah, that sucks! Difference is that (I think) GoGamer already have the games in the US and send them out from their stores over there, so you should get no such problems from them. Not sure about this, but as Pete says no one have complained so far.

Yeah, I think there would be a note on their website notifying of any delays if they'd been having problems... Most retailers would let their customers know, I would imagine. You know, that whole "happy customers" thing.

Nobody has said anything here, at least. If you have problems though, let us know!

• 2 weeks later...

Rejoice my fellow American comrades-in-arms!!!

like many of you, I was blown away by the original game. but the frustration with the north american distributor drove me to the wall. quick google led me to the outback publication company (why did the good folks of s2hq.com never advertise it is beyond me :D ). just placed the order, $37 and 1-3 weeks is the best deal out there, folks

https://www.auran.com/auran/shop/Display_Product.php?PID=83

hmmmm,

Za Rodinu, Ura-aaaa!!!

Well good for you! It seems we Americans are having to show some initiative in getting S3. I'm so dang glad I got it from GoGamer.com because I've been playing it the last few days and it ROCKS! Very good, very good...!

Total cost from GoGamer:

Shipping Method: Dirt Cheap Shipping - All US Destinations (1-2 Games $1.99)

Your GoGamer Coupon Savings: $0

Shipping Charge: $1.99

Sales Tax: $3.09

Sub-Total: $41.89

GRAND TOTAL: $44.98

They also threw in a copy of the awesome "Secret Service: Security Breach" !!!!!

I have no idea why. It's one of these total budget-ware FPSs, and frankly, I've got better things to do (like S3!).

Wurd.