Is Sentinels Available Separately?

Faustino

It looks from the sites mentioned in the Strategy Core Newsletter that Sentinels is only available as part of Silent Storm - Gold Edition. Is that correct, or is it on sale separately? The UK site priced SS-GE at 18 pounds delivered (presumably locally). (That's $45 Australian, much cheaper than SS standalone here in Oz.) However, on the UK site SS-GE is currently "not available." My daughter is in Europe at the moment, and will be spending some time in London. Can anyone advise how she/I can get hold of SS-S either separately or in SS-GE, please?

SS-S sounds a bit JA/JA 2-ish (hiring mercs, selling loot etc). Is that the case?

As far as I know, Russia is the only country where S3 was released separately (in Russian, so I don't think that's an option for most people).

As for where to get it in London, I do not know as I am not familiar with English shops (there are many UK residents on the boards that probably knows however). On the web you can get it from Amazon.co.uk (Play.com is out) and possibly a few others.

Regarding the mercenary stuff in S3, you do hire soldiers now and buy/sell guns. It's a better system than S2, but it doesn't add as much to the game as you'd hope IMO. But all in all I think S3 is a lot more polished than S2, and well worth a purchase.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the responses, I've just ordered a copy of SS Gold through Amazon UK, from one of their third-party suppliers. The cost is 22 pounds, delivered in the UK - my daughter will collect it from my brother's address in London. I'll then have my original SS2 to sell, it was about $A70-80 so should get a fair bit of my 22 quid back!

• 3 weeks later...
No, they didn't. We have no date on the US release yet, but JoWooD is supposedly working on it. In the meantime you can get it from GoGamer.

Okay, what the hell? I've been waiting for this game for months here in the US, and it just ain't coming, and there's absolutely no info on it! Are they really gonna leave their loyal (but tiny) audience of US fans out in the dark while they putter away over there in Russia? I mean, what the hell?

So, if I don't wanna wait for it, I can get it at GoGamer, huh? Is this a fully compatible English version, patchable to the latest version? Or is it some weird and highly superior Continental Version that all you sophisticated European (and Aussie) folk have cunningly hidden from us for all this time? Dammit! I want to know what's up, and where the third game is, and I want to know NOW!

- A dedicated and loving SS2 fan

The version from GoGamer will work on US systems which, as far as I am aware, are no different. It's a normal English version as us Brits can't be bothered to learn any other languages, so you'll have no trouble running it and understanding it :D

Besides, seems that no matter what voice you pick for your main character, he's got a Clint Eastwood accent in this one :huh:

I'd definitely get it from GoGamer - JoWooD don't seem to be in any hurry about sorting out distribution, much ot the annoyance of Nival I'm sure who spent so much time putting it together. It's only my opinion, but I'd be more than slightly annoyed :D

Well, JoWooD is Austrian, and as Pete says it's they who's not in a hurry. Nival is not happy about it, trust me :huh:. Anyway, your best bet is getting it online, as it's hard to tell when JoWooD gets it to the US. You should send a e-mail to JoWooD and tell them you're waiting for the game though. That's the only way to make them hurry up a little, if the fans bug them. Oh, and welcome to the boards!