X-com: Apocalypse... And 2 Cd's!?

ApOcaLyPSe_1985

Hi all,

I was searching ebay for X-COM related items and stumbled upon a X-COM: Apocalypse game, but this one is special:

It has 2 CD's!

I've never seen this before in my entire x-com life! I own two X-COM: Apocalypse games and they all contain only one disc. Does anyone know more about this mystery product? Perhaps the second cd contains bonus content?

Auction:

https://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...5157726290&rd=1

Picture:

https://i4.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/3a/d8/67_1_b.JPG

I've got a few copies here. There's nothing on the extra CD apart from a Transport Tycoon Deluxe game demo, a Worms 2 game demo and some other information for other vrious Microprose games.

Nothing to get excited about unfortunately :(

Jeez! 1 euro as the highest bid! It'd cost more than that to post it!!

One says Disc 1 and the other says Disc 2. I don;t think there's anything else.

You insert Disc 1 and it brings up a menu to either install the game (on Disc 2) or play some of the other game demos or go through a catalogue of Microprose titles.

Woo. Booyeah. Amazing. :)

.....Or you could just stick in Disc 2 first and install the game and get right to it :)

The only reason I would suggest anyone buy this if they've already got Apocalypse is if that person were trying to collect every incarnation of the packaging it's ever been released in.

That being said, anyone who wants to buy any of my three copies of the exact one from the picture above can feel free to ask me nicely and get their wallet's out :)

I was just keeping them for a rainy day when we get round to doing a competition though :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
unbelievably, i once saw a whole stack of apoc boxes, shrink wrapped and all, in david jones (dept store). i was really tempted to buy it, but for $50AU!? you can get a new game for that! i really couln't believe my eyes...it really was once in alife time,

i have news for you, i payed $50AU for Apoc 4-7 years ago for exactly $50 in Harvey Norman... and they rip you off bad....

• 1 month later...