Snikers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed, bow down to me my minions!

now lets see.....

evil minions... check

evil genius... check (x2, hmm... that could be a problem... or useful)

evil master plan...

now lets see... evil master plan.... :)

now all i need is some huge threat which i have the power to prevent so i can make the world bow down to me! *evil laugh* :devil:

now where am i going to get one of those... :)

Personally, if I were a soldier, I'd feel a lot more comfortable knowing some hot babe is up in the skies watching me.

Kinda puts the "sexy mama" back into "mothership".

But the real solution would be for some fine old chap to take over the world quickly and efficiently, join it as one nation, and there wouldn't be any more wars.

There's your mission, Alan...

Its real funny because the US army wouldn't let me join because i have fallen arches (foot thing). I don't get why but they won't let someone with flatter than average feet join.  (i hike long distances with heavy gear on and it doesn't affect me at all) Oh well im not much of a millitary/ solder like person anyway.

-PSY GUY-  :)

(If only they will stop sending me ads in the mail)

hehe...i got that too. except i reffer to it as "flat foot" or something.

• 5 years later...
Okay, this is very very odd. Is it just me or does XCOM hire less women than men? I have a game, out of many

on active duty three are women. As an experiment I hired 50 rookies...the amount of women among them couldn't

fill up a skyranger.

Does anyone else notice this?

Yeah, this topic is really old, but I had to reply to clear things up. The way the names are set up in the executable, there are 5 female names and 15 males in each nationality grouping (for a total of 20). Thus, the probability of getting a female is 1 in 4 or 25%. Out of 50 soldiers in Snickers group, 12-13 would most likely be female (not enough to fill a Skyranger with a capacity of 14). ;)

Getting more female soldiers than males is certainly possible, especially with the small number you usually recruit at a time. This eventually will add up and skew the results. But I found through numerous trials that in the long-term the ratio is fairly accurate. You just have to order enough soldiers and keep track of their names to see the anticipated results.

Now for some math: there are 2400 possible name combinations you could come up with in a game. So in a perfect case, if you could hire this quantity of soldiers they should all be named differently. But trying to get a female name represented out of the 600 possible is pretty tough. To guarantee that all names would show up at least once you need a fairly large sample size. (I collected 30,000 when testing this out and each name combo did show up at least once in that batch). It's all the luck of the draw though - randomness is never a guarantee of anything. :laugh:

- Zombie