When adding enemies to map

Viceman

1. Is it possible to mount enemies to stationary guns? And why those damming idiots dont want to use them? They get into gun, get out, get in, get out.. SOMETIMES they may fire :shock: Is it possible to change AI skills? I have a machine gun nest and i want a enemy in it. Tell me how to solve this problem

2. Is there any way to 'tell' AI enemies that 'please do NOT walk here!' :roll: They always seems to find worst path and they get killed right away. Any scripting?! anything? :?

3. Is there any scripting at all? Patrols routes etc...

:roll:

To the waypoints I found something:

In the Autoplay directory you will find 3 maps. There I found in the Map 4414 (I think it was this one, but I'm here at work, so I can't check, but it's a map with 2 houses and a road in between) in the middle of the map, I found a flag, which was named as waypoint. Of course you could copy paste this item into your map.

1) the best mnethod I've found is to add an enemy with no gun (axis->soldierempty or allies->soldierempty) next to the gun. Also, put him on guard instead of sentry, this will stop him wandering off at the first sound he hears. If you also scatter some ammo for the gun near him he will pick it up as needed. The only problem is if someone drops a weapon near him, he may prefer to grab that and enter the fight - they do seem to much prefer close combat.

As for them letting go of the gun all the time - they do it for cover. They are an easy target on that gun so they let go and duck behind it at the end of their turm.

2) & 3) As far as I know you can't tell a unit to avoid an area, but giving them waypoints is possible. If you add a waypoint to your level, then double click the unit in question it will open a window with allt he waypoints. Double click on the point you added to your map and it will become part of his route. Add as many as you need. If you learn scripting you can dynamically control units waypoints according to events, but that is probably more complex than you need.

1) the best mnethod I've found is to add an enemy with no gun (axis->soldierempty or allies->soldierempty) next to the gun.  Also, put him on guard instead of sentry, this will stop him wandering off at the first sound he hears.  If you also scatter some ammo for the gun near him he will pick it up as needed.  The only problem is if someone drops a weapon near him, he may prefer to grab that and enter the fight - they do seem to much prefer close combat.

I didnt find empty soldier :roll: am i stupid or what?! in which folder is it?

If you learn scripting you can dynamically control units waypoints according to events, but that is probably more complex than you need.

I didn't even have the full release of the game, I only played demo but I did some time ago a lot of scripting for Operation Flashpoing. There is ever a way, and a simple script, to make a place unreachable for enemies, for example (pseudocode):

- Add a triger to that unreachable place TRIGGER

- Add a waypoint out of that unreachable area WAYPOINT

IF UNIT(X) CLOSER THAN Y UNITS TO TRIGGER THEN

CLEAR WAYPOINTS FROM UNIT(X)

ADD WAYPOINT TO UNIT (X)

Maybe it is as simple as that... isn't it?

I don't think that would work. Sure it would stop the unit from entering that area, but then the AI won't know why it can't enter the area. It will keep trying to go through there again and again because it's the shortest route. There might be some form of AI blocking objects or something in the game, I've never really looked for one. Then again, there might not be. I think a lot of the charm of the game comes from the fact that the AI will clomb over debris and through small holes to get to you, meaning you're not safe anywhere.