realistic squads

dblewis

Instead of operating under the premise of an elite commando unit, I tried to put together a regular more realistic squad of soldiers to complete the campaign. Here's what I'm using:

My hero is a custom soldier in a officers uniform-M1 Carbine

Sniper-Springfield 1917 w/scope

Scout- Thompson

Grenadier-Thompson

Engineer-M1 Garand

Soldier-BAR

They all have colt pistols and I use the console command to summon a medic at the beginning of each mission for support. Have put together any Brittish, Russian or Axis squads yet. Any suggestions?

It's more of a matter of how I cope! Ha, Ha! Of course each nationality's weapons have their own strengths and you have to adjust your tactics accordingly. The Russians do well with the SVT40 and the PSS but the mosin rifle and nagant pistols suck, while the Americans do well with the Thompson, M1 Garand and Colt 1911, the Brittish have the Bren and that's about it. The best weapon balance comes with the Germans, the STG-43, Carcano 91 and the MG 42 wth the KAR being the only drawback. I also stay away from the silenced weapons which effects tactics. So far so good.

There is a section on this site on how to enable the console feature. Once this is done, you can type in some very usefull commands such as "getitem" to add any item to the selected character's inventory (you can read my rants on this subjet in other threads) , "summonunit" to add units to the map, and "save" which allows you to svae the game during combat (a convienent option when you have kids)

A German paratrooper squad might be interesting. They were considered elite troops, so you're in accordance with the game in that regard.

At the start of WWII Fallschirmjägers (paratroopers) were armed with standard issue small arms, Luger P.08 and Walther P.38 pistols, Kar.98k bolt-action rifles, MP-38 and MP-40 submachine guns and MG.34 general-purpose machine guns.

Later they had the FG42 made for them, which is far better in the game than it was in reality.

Arming them with close combat weapons is also an option.

Thanks for the info. Any one know the way the Russians or Brits armed their squads. I've been thinking about doing a squad of Brittish paratroopers ever since I saw a D-Day documentary on the capture of the Pegasus bridge. Hint: a great mod idea.

Well the British squad will be like

1. Hero (if a Soldier) M3A1 ACP Sub-Machine Gun

2.Sniper with Lee Enfield Scoped

3.Soldier with Bren machine gun, PIAT rifle and Sten III silenced

4.Scout with M3A1 silenced machine gun

5.Engineer with a Lee Enfield

6. Medic with a Sten IV

And all characters will have 3 Grenades, 1 Webley Scott with 10 clips, Ka-Bar knife,Adhesive Bandage,Heamostatic powder.