Tanks

Lonestar

Indeed, but I'd think the OK Fusion tank would be the only thing left standing anyway. :)

Still, funny or no, it's valid enough. Some players tend to get negative scores even though their soldiers and tanks did a capital performance. It's them darned single-gender-mono-people I tell you!

- NKF

I found tanks useful in the early stages of the game, not just to supplement base defences during alien sneak attacks whilst the bulk of your guys are out playing with their friends, but mainly as sacrificial lamb when leaving your chosen landing craft during a mission. Surely you've all been there- when your first man out is gunned down by some gloating alien on reaction fire, not so bad when you've got some decent armour maybe but nasty in the earlier stages. Experienced soldiers are worth their weight in, uh, Elerium, so losing a tank is no great loss except financially, but since you should be raking in the moolah from booty it's no big deal. If you can't afford tanks, then buy a couple of Rookie's! Brutal.

• 1 year later...