Ghost town?

Oddball_E8

I wouldn't say dead. :)

I have been away for a week, so I guess there hasn't been much activity at the site at all. Though I do agree, the wait for the patch does slow things down a lot.

There's no real news, nothing much else to discuss as soo many people have been so helpful in earlier posts that it is really easy for newcomers to find info.

I just wish they'd get the Australian release sorted, that would help give things a kick in the pants.

I think that interest in the game, or at least the initial level of enthusiam, will have passed by the time it comes out here, if it does at all. The keen fans will all have imported it and there won't be the level of enthusiasm from the keen fans to coincide with the local launch that a game this good deserves. What dunderhead let this happen?

that would be our beloved friends over at JoWood i believe :evil:

i myself had the fortune of being friends with someone who owns a computergames store so i pestered him until he imported the game... he imported 2 copies just in case the game was good so he could buy it for himself ;o)

i gave him my burnt copy to try it out... hope he likes it!

i think the Australian release will be held back now until the US one. That way they can ride the hype wave and publicity that will HOPEFULLY be created.

The games mags here haven't even seen the game yet, so any good reviews will attract a fair few newcomers.

I'm working on my Age of Wonders Shadow Magic campaign while I wait for the bloody editor manual that should have been delivered to us already.

I am beginning to lose patience with the jerkoffs at JoWood/Nival. Why are they so incompetent that they couldn't have the English translation ready when the English edition went on sale?

Well the manual translation WAS a bit behind, and that was Nival... but I think they did the right thing, got the game out first. That's the critical thing, can you imagine the uproar on the boards if Nival had held the game back because the editor manual hadn't been translated???

Some companies never release any editing tools, or if they do they are usually well after the initial game release.

But the delays now do seem to be at JoWood's end. I know for a fact that the editor has been in useable (if not polished) form since the beginning of December.