Allied mission at Ural factory - bug?

Runtheball

I'm stuck on this mission. Its the first time I've seen PKs, and every time I hit one with an explosive charge (panzershrek, mine, exploding oil barrel), the camera zooms out, as if its going to play an animated sequence, and I see the buildings nearby totally disintegrating, as if I've triggered a chain reaction. As the camera zooms out, and I watch the explosions from a distance (if the game doesn't crash) I then see a Game Over message.

Seems like a bug?

I thought so at first too. But this is a sccripted event that can be triggered in a number of ways.

1) When the leader is knocked out the factory will be destroyed in 5 turns.

2) Set off any mines and you trigger a chain reaction

3) Destroy the TNT crates and you will also set of the chain reaction.

You need to stay clear of the PKs , let the boss run out of ammo then he'll just wander about harmlessly. Killa guy carrying a laser weapon and use that to take out the PKs. Or sneak around the back of the barracks and stael a couple of PKs for yourself.

Since I had the game before the english release I actually wrote to the devs about this mission... they agreed it probably should have been done differently with some warning, but too late now. Some level designers clever idea :P

Argh, I'm on this mission. I figured out that knocking out the big bad boss is bad, so I danced around him until he ran out of ammo, cleaned house, grabbed all the docs and goodies I wanted, and only then went after him. One of the objectives, after all, is to knock him out and bring him along for a little eye-to-eye. However, after I knock him out and pull him out of his PC to carry him off like the evil capitalist agent that I am, the factory still blows up and I still loose the mission, even though I have all that I need and I should just have to leave the map to win - what gives?

Yeah, I figured that out *eventualy* (little slow up here). Trick was that I was in constant turn-based mode at the time, experimenting with not having enemies sneak up to me while I scramble around trying to move my guys in real time (again, going back to being slow). So, even when there were no enemies arouind, the game thought I was in combat and wouldn't let me run away.

I haven't even found the explosives/mines in the factory, but that could be because my engineer was too busy being on the brink of death.

I had an interesting event in this mission myself. I had been through it on the Axis side, and was playing on the Allied side this time. Knowing that the whole place was going up, I had my scout ranging all around alone, gathering stuff and killing enemies when neccessary. However... he was too good. -_-' He killed everybody so stealthily that there never was an alarm, and therefore, the factory commander never appeared! I lost that objective, but fortunately it's not a critical one...

Hey guys help me out here

i'm doing the same mission, i've got everything sorted but i can't find 1 of my objectives

its the documents about the germans having something to do with this factory... but i've checked the building and found nothing...

other then that everything else was pretty ez

The first time i played this mission, i blew the barrels that are in the first part of the building,

Yhis will not set off the chain reacition, but it will blow off the entire front of the complex.

Later on i noticed some mission documents FLOATING IN THE AIR! above the entrance.....

There was no way to reach them, so i could not finish the mission.....

And wen i shot the boss, i got a radio transmission warning me that they were going th blow the base.

@ shard: Thats exactly what I did ( I think there is another thread where Biggles helped me..) but the huge explosion did NOT reach the two safes where the documents are locked. So I was able to finish it (lucky me)

This brings up another question...

What if you cant complete a mission(I mean: can't reach all objectives), but still keep playing other missions? Will there be another lead, or is the game running into a dead end, like UFO:TftD did sometimes ?

I blew up this officer i was supposed to rescue last time, but i...well...didn't care that much :roll:

Yama

• 1 month later...

Oy this mission.

OK, I managed to get all the documents, I played cat and mouse with the PKs and the Base Commander and finally took him out. I got his body and we've managed to all run/stomp over to the road leading off the map before the base blows.

My Leave button remains red, my incomplete objective states "Get the prisoner away from the combat area" or whatever. Base goes boom, mission failed. I am SOO SICK of replaying this mission, please help.

/spoiler starts

Split your team 2 parts.

First part goes right side (scout,engineer, silenced sniper rifle wearer) over the railway tunnel, there is secondary route to buildings. Use your scout to spot and elimiate enemies and engi to disarm first explosives (looks like box full of red dynamites, shows as "mined" when engineer spots it).

Another explosive its inside of building, and its quite hard place. Safest "non-pk" route I found is: ladders to second floor (to pick those 2 documents), throught the building and use ladders to go to roof. Use explosives to make hole to roof and go to third floor. And use stairs to go down. The explosives are metal terrace (inside of first floor).

Second part of team should kill those 2 laser weapon wielders. Dont kill PKs inside of building, wait or try to pull those out of building. When shooting, try to not to destroy the building (there is fuel barrels, dont shoot those....)