**SPOILER** Silent Storm Whereis.

doggy

Locations of rare items/special random encounters.

let's start with...

Katana/Shurikens - Special Random encounter in North Britain, usually near the 6 on map.

all I have time for now, but post em, maybe a kind hearted mod/admin will be able to clean up the thread as it evolves and sticky it.

Certainly - if it's being read and posted to 8)

ULTRA SPOILER BELOW..

Prototype 8 Laser Rifle (X-Com style) and UFo encounter. Switzerland, random map, very uncommon! In fact you may only see it once. Be warned, about 1/2doz PKs to take on. The gun can be found lying on the ground somewhere near the UFO.

Looking briefly in the S2Editor, there only seem to be 4 special encounters altogether. In addition to the aforementioned "Road Bend" (the ninja encounter) and "Alien Assault", there's an "Rich Estate", which is a, well, rich estate; a big mansion surrounded by walls, and a "Ital Forest", which is a dilapidated building in the middle of a forest. Can't tell you where they are or what they have, though. Maybe later.

Hi Gomisan/Biggles,

Like you see i found the topic you refered here: https://forum.nival.com/showthread.php?threadid=22979 :P!!!

Anyway, this two information "Rich Estate" and "Ital Forest" are new to me (besides the X-Com affair :?).... any of these is the Sea Devil event? And where can i foud it?

Anyway, this game would be a lot of more chalange if PKs were not so overpowered...... once we got them, we kill everything that moves and nothing can kill us :x!!! Besides we have unlimited laser energy cells in base arghhh..... i think this needs an urgent patch..... making explosions doing more damage to PKs (and improve AI to use it vs PK and not spent bullets ^^) and reducing the laser damage (at least the one made by the Laser PK..... the solo weapon is ok).

Thanks Amosh!!

Btw, with "Ital forest = top right corner of England map - boobytrapped ruins" you mean South Britain map? Not the one where Katana is? And what is the atractive of that mission? There is a special weapon there also?

I finished the game and that part of the map was not unblocked for me :oops:!!!

The Ital Forest.. isn't that a regular Mission. I just did it last night.

I think so...i hab to find documents in there...and i didn't find any special weapons...besinde a truckload of mines. :roll:

And the UFO mission...its not that rare at all...comes up every minute or so in my game...got three of those laser-MGs out...with them, the rest of the game is almost to easy..

That mission is a overpower and destroy the game balance imo..... with a single laser prototip you can kill the final boss..... and the UFO is completely out of history.... that level should never appear imo. It is like a cheat code for me :evil:!!!

So it appears that only exist 3 special random encounters? The Ninja and Mansion (good and hard levels with good rewards - Katana and Devil Sea Rifle).... and the UFO... that is not very hard if you already have laser weapons and gives u a super overweapon that kills the game :?!!!

That is correct, but it appears in a normal game...... and imo that should only appear if we ask for it, like a cheat code.

If appear in regular game is because is supposed to be used in it :?! That mission is completely out of story..... all that UFO mission should not be there in my oppinion...... but is just that, an oppinion.

Can you help me out guys, I have been looking for the ninjas in N.Britain for awhile. It is supposed to be near the 6 right? Is it in the # 6 or around it? Or does it vary? What does the mission look like when you enter it? Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Firstly, the mission shouldn't appear in the early stages of the game. So if you're just starting, don't even bother looking.

it's also a RARE encounter, so the chance of it appearing is low.

You'll know it when you get it because it's a small map with a curved piece of country road, fences & bushes on both sides. You'll see a lone Japanese Officer in a Pith Helmet standing inthe middle of the road.

Beware though, elite dudes are hiding in ambush, you may like to flush them out with grenades.

In axis campaign I was able to find the Big Joe arrows.

The mission is in the southwest corner of of the Hannover map.

There is one mansion with a big fuel tank, a fuel barrel and a double door on the ground level.

The underground level has a room with some bottles and the Big Joe grenades are in a chest under these bottles(look carefully so you dont miss em!).

This encounter is very RARE and only comes up once or twice in ten times I play this mission.

The building is always the same but the starting point of my men and of the enemies is random.

When you once got the mission with the chest u should remeber your starting point.

I realized that you will start always at the same location if you start the mission with the chest.

Has anyone found the location of the little Joe arrows in axis campaign?

I read that it should be in scottland but never got it, although I played about 30 encounters on that map. :P

Where are the Big/Little Joe Pistols?

I played the encounter 3 times, looked around everywhere and blow down the whole house but wasnt able to find it. :evil:

*edit*

I looked through the cheats and found a silenced carabine DeLiz1.

Has anyone found it in a mission?

I think the silenced carabine and the Big Joe are worth to be found after testing them.

Big Joe is as good as little grenades and doesnt need as much space in inventory as bazookas etc. and only needs to spaces for the ammo.

The silenced carabine should be as good as silenced smgs in buildings and be better than pistols(I hate pistols and never use them).

The little Joe seems very useless to me, because it doesent seem to make significant damage for a litle granade.

• 1 year later...

Digging up a year+ old thread... hehe :(

If you read the reports from teh end of the first gamew, you'll have read one about some 2000 year old scrolls which had some plans for a building laser weapon on them or something.

If someone can check through the game texts (not sure how) and post that info I'd sppreciate it :(

For this reason, the random UFO encounter, the laser weapons and the laser PK's are not at all out of character for the game.

What, did you all think that Thor's Hammer invented laser weapons in the early 40's? :cry:

The Sea Devil is missing in this thread, too. You can find it in a random enounter in Swiss, you have to enter the main building and go to the second floor. The ammo for it is in the garage. Very good sniper gun.

Btw, Pete, there even is a XCOM cheat in S2, have you read my thread about the undiscovered cheats?

**** SPOILER *****

That flying PK from the last mission, can i find it somewhere else in the game? Or do i have to use the console... And the enemy drops a Katana, too. Albeit it's too late then for further usage.....

• 6 years later...

Finally I managed to meet the Katana random encounter in N.Britain.

Actually the random encounter is not VERY close to '6'; the encounter is just left of the mark '6'.

Please see the screenshot; the 'squad' mark is the encounter I met the Katana solider.

https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/k...ncounterma.jpg/

Hope this helps,

Can you help me out guys, I have been looking for the ninjas in N.Britain for awhile. It is supposed to be near the 6 right? Is it in the # 6 or around it? Or does it vary? What does the mission look like when you enter it? Thanks ahead of time for the help.