new models

BlackAlmaz

BlackAlmaz, send me what you have, i'll do a merge with the RBmod then and send it to you. I think most of the weapons you described are already in the mod, it would be easy to replace the models.

I could maybe do a working uploadable version until monday or tuesday then. (with no new weapons, only model replacements for a start) ;)

Alas, i wasn't lazy either and made some progress, too. Some things worked (Can you say Spitter?) Some things didn't work, like shrinking the popper (as the animation file can't be altered) but hey i better show you some pics so you can see what i mean:

https://www.lognvik.no/Aftermath/111.jpg

New popper looks good when standing still (count the legs! )

https://www.lognvik.no/Aftermath/113.jpg

But not so good when moving. ;)

But the Spitter works flawlessly:

https://www.lognvik.no/Aftermath/112.jpg

I'll maybe leave the popper height as it is atm (original), but will try to give it a different look, a bit thicker, other head etc.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BlackAlmaz, Slaughter, Fulby, ah everyone, i have a proposal:

What if we split our team to work on two different mods: You, Fulby and Slaughter work on an AvP mod, with Aliens, Marines, AvP-weapons etc.

I would work on the RBmod and include Xcom-aliens, weapons and anything else.

The thought came to me when i saw your awesome AvP-weapons, they are great! Combining them into the RBMOD would be a waste of your excellent work as the theme simply wouldn't fit and: The weapons you did deserve a MOD for themselves! And the Alien you are working on! wow....

So what do you think?

What about two "themed" mods instead of one big "cross-over" mod?

BlackAlmaz has so much good ideas, weapons and models. That made me unsure how i could include them properly in the RBmod. That sounded like putting a Porsche motor in a Twingo ;)

You could use all RBmod files you want and i would help you with possible problems.

Finally UFOAM users would have a choice when looking for mods ;)

BlackAlmaz, Slaughter, Fulby, ah everyone, i have a proposal:

What if we split our team to work on two different mods: You, Fulby and Slaughter work on an AvP mod, with Aliens, Marines, AvP-weapons etc.

;) I'm a programmer not a modeller.

I may do an Ethereal at some point cause they glide without moving much ;), but at the moment I'm working on the code.

Fulby

That's what i've meant. The AvP project does not only need modellers, your other modding experience would be of use, too ;) And judging by your awesome plugins i can say you are more than qualified !

An regarding that Ethereal: I know exactly what you mean, i prodced several of that models myself ;)

A day or two ago, my lurky brain was actually thinking that maybe there should be two separate mods.

In the RBMod, you could replace a few of the weapon's models, specifically the new RB weapons that borrowed their model and icon from original weapons. But, I didn't think it would be wise to completely wipe out the original weapon's models, because some people have gotten used to mounting many of those by look and feel instead of reading their description. If the look and the feel of the original weapons changes, it might be confusing to some people. But, since the look and the feel of many of the RB weapons were borrowed from the original, replacing those borrowed RB models with something unique would be appreciated.

Make sense?

Don't replace the original models from the original unmodded game. Instead, concentrate on replacing the duplicate models that show up in the newly added RB weapons.

If you follow that protocol, then someone who has just finished playing an unmodded game will be able to step into a modded RB game with everything being familiar except for the fact that the RB mod will appear to add a whole bunch of completely new looking stuff. The old stuff will still be there 'as it was' but the new RB stuff will look different and have completely unique models.

Also, if BlackAlmaz does an AvsP mod, he would be able to start fresh and make if more of a pure mod, which could possibly mean that he could eliminate a lot of stuff that doesn't fit with the theme. Thus he could replace original weapons with weapons that fit the theme, and in the process, his mod would be made so that it's download is quicker and smaller. Plus, if any bugs or CTD are introduced, having his mod smaller and more lean would help him in the debugging process.

So, yes, I too agree that there should be two separate mods done.

i agree..the shot gun stays and all others...in just added a m203 and a bigger clip to a g36...its more usefull that way...well you saw what i did...

and i will try and help arlez out a bit with getting all those rebalnced models in......like double barreld shot gun..wich is already done...and chainsaw...heavy plasma from x-com...and any others he asks me for

Alright then! Send me what you have finished (i'm really looking forward to the chainsaw!) and i'll do the rest of the models. And yes, Lurker is absolutely right, i should replace the RBMOD equipment only. And maybe add some new aliens ;)

Fulby: It seems i finally get used to your tool, 2 days completely without CTD's !

So here is a small To-Do-list for the next RB-Mod:

-Include new models from BlackAlmaz to replace RBmod-weapons

-Include new weapon-models from me as well

-Spitter model

-Popper model

-Add Ethereal, Skeletoid and Anthromorph

-Change look and level of Powerarmour

-Change look of Berzerkarmour as well

-New heads for Mutons, Sectoids and Cyborgs.

As you can see, this will take some days ;)

ok, i'm gone, have to mod now.... ;)

The problem wasn't/isn't the importing, but the animation. As you can see on the second pic ^^ the game still wants to move the missing two legs and the rest of the body to the coordinates of the original model. There's only one thing i can do about that: Don't change the height of an alien ;)

Atm i finished all RBmod weapon designs and tomorrow (its about 4am) i will import them into the modelfiles. Your AvP-models mod will stay untouched as you'll need them for the mod then. I will use your M4, the silenced pistol, maybe the Lurkergun, the saw you wanted to send me and the psg-model and put them into the next RBmod.

Maybe i will do an upload then (to get some feedback and as a teaser for the mod-users) and move on to the next step: New Aliens.

in have your models..i will also send some light armours..because you seem to have a hang of ..on and there a double berraled shot gun..for you to..

plus the mp5 is now longer because i wanted to change the animation from pistol to rifle..belive me now it should look good

fulby...can you help me make the avp armours..??

if you ever seen alians 2..you will know what they look like...sholder lights...and a few clip colders on the vest

i have already made the helmit...

and i'm making a motion tracker....the thing i need to know can paralyse go through walls...if to thats great...cause i'll make a great range...and they wont show up..just the purple box..of the frozen guy..only for a sec..but it will frezz my guys as well

and the preditors will be the ractilians as they have the teck....and ships

one more thing..is it posible to creat a net gun?.....i can make a net instead of a rocket...but will it look good

The problem wasn't/isn't the importing, but the animation. As you can see on the second pic ^^ the game still wants to move the missing two legs and the rest of the body to the coordinates of the original model. There's only one thing i can do about that: Don't change the height of an alien  ;)

Two things you could try:

Make sure all the Meshes a WVERTS not VERTS.

Change the bones in the file to match the position of the joints in the modified model. Try changing the translation elements in the array. If you don't know about bone matrices, then change the 4th, 8th and 12th values in the list of numbers accompanying each bone. These are X, Y and Z translations respectively.

Fulby

Here are some new pics from BlackAlmaz, including mostly his AvP weapons and the com-unit-helmet.

Click here!

Some excellent shots in there!

Btw, if i have done the RBMOD i will happily join the AvP-Mod team if you want. But as you can see this will take some time ;)

And regarding the human armour: The handling is ALMOST the same as for the weapons, only a lot more numbers to copy-n-paste. And remember that for some helmets and armours you'll need two models each: One for the small unit pic and one for the ingame rendering.

I'll send you some armour model files (when done), atm i'm reworking my older test-models...

yes i know that...the reason i want some one else to do the armours..is because of my old keybord....its space and left control almost dont work...so untill i get enoght time to get a new keybord.....i will just work with weapons.........

how bout this....we finish the rb mod first...and than we will make a homepage and evrything for avp....we have the idea....all we need is people...and cause your one of the best i know..i want to help you finish the RB mod

so you'll have more time helping me with mine

and what do you think of my saw model?

Alright ! I will upload the RBmod with the new weapon-models asap. Then we can work on the AvPmod. Maybe later i can add new Xcom Aliens to the RBmod... But this will have to wait, the Avp-Mod is of more importance !

It is a bit sad to see no new modders or helpers, this is SOME work and we coud need help...

I uploaded a test-version of the new RBmod here: Beta-Version

It includes edited RBmod weapon models and the Spitter.

The powerarmour and the Berzerkarmour will come later in the game, the first will be a tiny bit weaker. Some other weapons were tweaked, the lasergatling has more ammo, the Bfg9000 is less powerful. (not much)

Tell me if it works and give feedback here, the release-version will then follow soon.

The excellent AvP weapon models BlackAlmaz made will have their debut in the AvP-mod.

After the release-version of the RB-Mod there will be no updates for it for some time. The reason behind this is the lack of personal for the AvPmod. ;)

Maybe later...

The redux-mod. It isn't linked anywhere anymore. I still have it on my HD if somebody wants it. And it isn't needed anymore, the problems weren't caused by that added weapons, but by corrupted savegames.

I'll wait some days for feedback then release the final version.

Atm, BlackAlmaz and me are planning things for the AvP-Mod. All of his excellent models will be used there. The com-helmets, new armours, new weapons etc. I think BlackAlmaz should do all the models for that mod, his work is so much better than my attempts at modelling. I will do the textures, icons, lists etc.

okay i have done....the preditor--not finidhed, drone, Queen...and 2 stes of face huggers...

i'm wondering what the spider weapon model is for?...

and slaughter how can i set up a site for the mod...to add my pics and all that