I must be retarded - please help

Magical Trevor

I seriously must be missing some blatently obvious thing here, I get the dreamland files at area 51 and the russian base, and I have 12 military bases, 6 research and 5 engineering. But it wont let me research energy cells (despite the fact i have 109 of them and around 20 power cells).

I have researched laser and plasma weapon operations and ufo detection. It just has the energy cell research as not ready for development. The bio mass is huge and have taken over quite a few bases. Every time i go to a shot down ufo or one that has landed i check all the bodies and i cant touch the ufo (dunno if you even can)

I do missions in the bio mass and i still dont have a bio mass sample. someone please help me out of my stupidity and tell me what the hell im meant to do to crack on with more research (even got far enough to develop collapsble rail and machine gun before i loose my bases to bio mass).

great game, love playing it but i cant seem to get past this point! :rolleyes::tank:

yeah i have version 1.4

sorry i mean i cant do anything with it like go inside and raid it (like i said im desperate so ive tried everything) but from what you said im guessing you cant. (i have seen screen shots of a squad inside a ufo but that must be where you try and capture it (i read that happens at some point).

thanks! I usually complete missions by a mixture of killing and disabling all the enemies on the map, so I take the bodies with me right? and all the equipment or do i need to end the mission with the dead in the hands? and how in gods name do you go inside ufos? thats probably where im going wrong but i cant figure out how to!

All equipment and dead are collected automaticaly at the end of the mission. As for going into UFOs, you do it the same way you enter bases. Stand in the right spot, and click "Enter next area". But as you can see from the top of the research tree, you need to research "UFO Entering" first.

I uninstalled, reinstalled. played it for a minute on a new game, then reinstalled all the patches individually playing for a minute every time i installed one. started a new game and now it works...... it just took me an hour lol. thanks for everyones help, now i have new tech (and TELEPORTERS NOW!) the game is really easy so im going to try and beat it on hard. I'll let you know in a couple of years when i've managed it. :rolleyes:

co-op is cool. i'll try and be there! the game seems so much easier now i have some tech. it was impossible before! this game is f***ing great though. thanks guys. and the story has opened up so well that i wont be playing half life 2 on its hardest setting for a while... (i though the ending sucked by the way - so predictable) :rolleyes: