Story

The Doctor

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its kinda disapointing this being my second post in this forum an all, but im gonna have to say it. :dontgetit:

*Keep On Topic!* :hmmm:

if you're not tallking about ... *looks at topic title* the story of UFO: aftermath, then please move your conversation to the off topic bit.

m'kay? :blink:

- alan

Hi Alan. I've been expecting you for the last few posts. :blink: Anyway, sorry about that. It just seemed to keep creeping back off-topic.

I did try to think of something to say that was related to the storyline, but I think most of what can be said about the little information I have has already been said. Maybe when there is more info available, we'll do a better job of staying on-topic in this thread. :angel:

I think I am not completely innocent at this one, but it never happens that one of the two people conversating say: Let's go to the off-topic section to discuss this further, because this place isn't appropriate.

Anyway back to the Story.

Has the organisation who is fighting the aliens a name, or are they just a bunch of survivers who try fighting the aliens?

No doubt we shall get on topic again in a few hours when I post up my new interview with the team. For now though, you'll have to wait as I'm off to see the girlfriend :blink:

Now, do as Emperor Alan says, or he'll use his Force Lightning to make your lives very uncomfortable! :(

Now, do as Emperor Alan says, or he'll use his Force Lightning to make your lives very uncomfortable!

Thank you Darth Pete.

*sparks leap from fingers and strike nearby inanimate object*

Mwhahahahaha! :devil:

I am getting tapped on the finger by a schoolboy, but that's the way it goes around here.

i dont see any schoolboys round here... i mean, pete isn't one, and neither am i (im a student and proud of it!)

Now answer my on-topic question.

in response to your question... I dunno. if you think about it, what with them being a bunch of survivors they may well not have a name for themselves...

*shrugs*

- Emperor Alan

"Council of Earth" (CoE)

hmm... could work, although CoE also stands for Church of England...

i would say EDF (earth defense force) but thats already taken...

i guess it depends on what type of group it is, if its more of a resistance then names like 'The Terran Resistance' or 'Earth Resistance force' would sound right, but if its gonna be vaguely government related i guess stuff like Council, Department, and Office come into it.

- alan

Hi Martin! It's good to have you here.

I think Alan makes a good point. The name should fit the group's structure. How organized is this resistance? If they are very structured, "Council" will be fine, but if it's more of a grass-roots "resistance" group, then maybe you should think about changing the name. "Council" does seem to imply a government-type organization. If that's not the desired implication, then maybe a more military-sounding name would be better.

Wow, two American posts and neither one of them moans about my disrespect to the "American war effort" if it can be so mockingly referred to. Per chance the yanks understand my point and agree? Or perhaps they just don't know what's happening... It's a 60/40 chance... Not going to say which way though! :blink: