who wanted tanks in aftermath?

Exe22

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fukin' Rushn

It's a pity Czechs haven't added at least one type of HWP in the game. It could be really useful. This is one of proofs UFO Aftermath is not the successor of the renowned X-Com saga.

P. S. I like the idea about БМ-13 "Катюша"! :blink:

Sounds like something an american would enjoy any day of the week.

This was a long time ago, and the US doesn't use tanks as heavily as Russia use to.

Too bad though, Israel and Russia can both agree that nothing beats the Tank in city combat.

Yes IF there are infantry troops guarding their weak spots. A tank is tough, but not invincible. And before you ask: yes, i actually have driven one (leopard II that is). The weak spots are the top and the backside and a clever enemy can use this to his advantage. e.g. like molotows from above or a RPG in the back (of the tank, heehee)

Guest Fukin' Rushn
Problem is that every durned game produced these days have to be 3D. What was wrong with 2D? :blink:

I'm fully agreed and support this opinion! Nowadays every game developer considers he'll fail with sales if the game is 2D and not 3D. But what the use of "da-coolest-eva-3D-grafics-ya-man!-geim" with severely reduced "playability"?

To create a real masterpiece in any field you definitely need talent. Microprose had that talent - that's why we've got such brands as "Master of Orion", "UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-Com: Base Defense)", "Worms" and Sid Meier's projects etc. Infogrames devoured Microprose along with its inventions. ???

Now let's play Czech UFO! :(

Nowadays every game developer considers he'll fail with sales if the game is 2D and not 3D. But what the use of "da-coolest-eva-3D-grafics-ya-man!-geim" with severely reduced "playability"?

Exactly! :blink: Everyone wants new Fallout and X-Com games, and I doubt any of the true fans would be disappointed if it was still 2d. In fact, I think they would be delighted! Gameplay should always go before graphics in these kind of games in my opinion!

@Aralez: No I haven't, but I'll take a look.

I have ONE big problem atm regarding armours (and therefore tanks), i can't make them the way, that you can't take them off, which would be ESSENTIAL to get Mutons and later tanks into your crew. I wanted mutons with a muton armour which they CAN'T take off, so their stats could be edited indirectly over the armour, but no matter what i tried, you still CAN take them off :blink:

BUT i still have one or two ideas to test, maybe i can achieve something with those...

Btw, Mutons as enemies wouldn't be a big problem, though, but to make them "friendly"and join your crew, is !