1.2 Patch Doesn't Work ;o

STealTH

I have installed the 1.2 patch

I still can't research the power cells.

Also I have been playing at least 10 hours a day, I have now done 119 missions.

I have 9 bases, in the past 3 days, 10-12 hours of playing each day I have managed to capture 2 bases. Instantly after I win a mission, I lose the base.

The 1.2 patch was ment to make the bases turn to be anti-biomass bases by default. This does not happen.

I REALLY HAVE TO finish this game even if its very slowly, even if it's at a bases at most per day. BUT SOMEONE MAKE THIS PATCH WORK PROPERLY!

I think I may have found a counter bug to the no base on the biomass.

make the clock stop when you get back after winning the mission?

what happens, is if you can tell the default military base you just won to be an anti-biomass base before the "base lost" messege comes through, then you get to keep that base. it's very odd but I've managed to win 1 or 2 bases like that. I forget now.. been playing too much..

but yeah.. someone fix it ;o PLZ

I have sorrounded my important bases by anti-biomass bases to to keep the biomass from getting in. stupid biomass at begining took me down to only 3 bases too. my best 20 guys are now levels 17 to 21. dont tell me I need to restart.

need to fix that chit.. someone tell me how ;p

any suggestions?

**dudeeeee I have clocked Xcom1 6 times, Xcom2 5 times, Xcom3 5 times.

IF this chit continues I will give up on this game after only clocking it once :blink:

It is possible that you have to restart STealTH. But first check that the patch was installed properly. Here's how you check you version:

How do I find my version?

When in the geoscape view (earth), use the following key combination: Ctrl+Alt+I This will display the version in the upper left corner.

If you have 1.2, and don't want to restart, I suggest you contact ALTAR support.

As for your problems warbird and BlackAlmaz, you did probably not uninstall the patch properly. Therefore the registry still has the patch registered as installed. Here's what I suggest you do: Uninstall the game, and restart. Then open the registry (Start->Run->regedit), and delete all values related to ALTAR. I have these:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ALTAR

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ALTAR interactive

When they are deleted, restart again. Then install the game, and the patch. Should work, though no guarantees. And remember to backup the registry first. Playing with it can damage your Windows installation if not done properly...

I check on the geo-scape. Thanks!

it says that I have version 1.0

but I have already patched it.. and when I try running the patch file again it still says that I already have 1.2 installed so it won't let me install just the patch again

what am I doing wrong..

I reinstalled the game, and installed 1.2.. but it doesn't go on.. anyone else had that?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ALTAR

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ALTAR interactive

After I uninstalled UFO:AM, I went into the registry and those above were not there. I looked around for anything similar and also made a registry search for Altar and UFO but nothing came up so I figured that uninstalling would have taken them out on its own.

I reinstalled, "again" and applied the 1.2 patch, went into the game and did a CTRL+ALT+I, and it still said that version 1.0 was running.

the other exe file by itself made the missions different in the sense that now I have to fight harder transgenants, also it made it so I can research the power cells. but the power cells have given me Nothing. no further research.

also the single file made it so when using the medikit now the user needs to be standing in front of the wounded.

biggest change was that while before it took me a shit load of won "but the lost missions to the biomass" now I can win a mission and the base is mine.

for about a week I had been geting 1 base per day in at least 12 hours of playing.

today with this patch I have gotten 21 more bases then yesterday. "THANKYOU to whoever made the patch"