Plectons And Biomass

Fox

Two questions:

1) What is the best way to deal with those damned plectons? They just sit from a mile away and blast the hell out of my guys! My snipers can't take them out quick enough to prevent someone from dying. The only method I have found is to have some guy pop around from behind a corner and 'nade it or blast it with a Neostead. What's the deal?

2) Where is the famed Biomass? Does it come later? I'm only on February, and just got done with Area 51 a few days (in game) ago. I have all of North America under my control, haven't really been anywhere else. Haven't seen any Biomass.

What I'm wondering is, i got the biomass warning, but I've not seen ANY biomass. How does it look like? It was like a month ago i got the warning now. I've shot down almost all ufo's i've seen, so maybe that's why?

About plectrons, never get close. Snipers have a great range, so in wilderness missions at least my 2 snipers can kill them easily before they even get close. In tight urban missions, I had a guy with grenades and one guy with good observation and dodging to scout ahead, and then the decoy would run back, and the grenade thrower pitch at the ground where i thought the plectrons would appear when chasing for the decoy :withstupid: this was mostly early game tho, when my soldiers was chanceless vs plectrons with the crap weapons/crappy skills they had.

i also have a grenade launcher/rpg guy who focuses on such enemies also. I only use shotguns in base missions, I keep them in the inventory till the need arises. Can't stress enough how great shotguns are in alien bases and ufo's. Once you get lasers they're also pretty good to use on plectrons because of the range on those weps. This is what I've noticed/done anyway ;)

well, plectons are easy, just approach them with one light armor guy and run back and forth so that it never hits, and take it out with the snipers..

teh biomass is orange/brown, it took me some time to realise what it was. for me it started in central africa (i started in america) and only when i had conquered a little more than 1/2 the world.

The biomass grows at an exponential rate which means that you may not notice it for a few days. Once you do, you will see it growing at an alarming rate. However, shooting down planters before they can plant any biomass will buy you some time.

As for dealing with plectons, I find that combining sniper rifles and alien laser rifles means that they get killed before they can get close enough to my squad.