New review on GamersWanted. Clarify?

Brianrts

Since I cant read the new review cause of my work filters.. ill post here.. one of the cons listed was that there was only one squad per game/level What do they really mean here?... How is this different from early/mid game Xcom when you could only fit 10 or so ppl per craft?

I dont remeber how many soliders are allowed in UFO:AM at a time but what is stopping the player from breaking out those 8 or so players into smaller squads once the level starts?

One thing that I will miss is that apparently other reviewers have stated that once you enter the UFO it is a new level.. so you cant keep troops on the ground outside the ufo and send a team in to recon... can anyone confirm/deny that?

I think what he mean about teams is that you can't have one tema in each base. You use the same team all the time. And thus it's more critical to loose your team. You can have another team in training though, so I don't see what the big deal is. Maybe it's the preview version that was missing some features...?

As for UFOs, you have to take the whole team into them. It is a new level...not too happy about that, but I guess it will be cool anyway...

Look at the moving on the new levles as the original games final missions, you need to raid the surface first then take out the cowards sitting inside.

Also what i think they might have ment is that if you get two almost back to back missions you might end up with a half dead squad after the first one (and forgotten to get the recruits in training) and then the second mission is fairly well ummm yea you get the idea.

Could be that the tester didn't like just having 7 men per mission, something i dont understand (still playing 6 man games with 3 man death squads).

Just some more ideas...

F3