Tactical Error

Raccoon

Think there's a way that you can stop that effect if you ever get it. Something do to with the 6 special functions keys (you know, the insert, delete and so on keys). Press each one of them (separetly) until it stops, I think fixed it most of the time for other users. I've never had it myself so I'm not sure.

Maybe Altar added the Round and Around in order to get a quick debugging test or to get the inner workings right for the Director's Cut feature?

I find that I don't use the keyboard all that much with UFO:AM, which would explain in part why I never got around to loading the First Person Camera mod. Furthermore, my card that explains the Keyboard shortcuts is missing for UFO:AM, if it was ever there in the first place.

Actually, HOME seems to reset the camera view to the NE view position, DEL and END spin the camera view clockwise or counter-clockwise (don't remember with does wich)

ALT-F4? as far as I've seen, it exits the game.

I've flown in a online flightsim for a long time now, back in the early days, we used to get a lot of newbies in and instead of reading how the game worked, they would ask questions online instead, most times you try and help them out, after a while we (the Squad I was in) would just type back to them,

how do you drop bombs ?

Clt+Alt+delete

oh, thanks

first time I did it, 5 people crashed out of there games

had the whole room ROFLTFAO :devil:

the bad part, is one of them kept comeing back in, saying hey, that didn't work, oh, you must of did it wrong try it again, after the 5th try, he dicided we didn't know what we were talking about

HARD_Sarge

Hi Shagpuss

well for that game it was Alt+backspace, or you could change it to any key stroke or joystick button :laugh:

was playing in a later version of the game, and we had won the room (taken all the airfields and other sites) but were having to wait for the troops to get to the last two sites, so the room would reset

most people will just leave and go to another room, so will stick it out, so the other two are in fighters and they are buzzing me and getting in my way as I am trying to fly back to base in my bomber

so one asks, what should we do now, while we wait ?

"well, why don't you show off how good you are and land on a bridge"

kewl, I didn't know you could land on the bridges

I went back and landed and turned on the film, so I could watch them later

5 times they took off and 5 times they crashed

"hey, I don't think you can land on a bridge in here ?" says one

nope, never said you could, just wanted to see how good you were

HARD_Sarge

Back to the original topic (though the bombs discussion seems to be doing fine), I have experienced this "endless rotation" bug in geoscape as well.

The thing is, if you are using one of the "rotation" keys, and while you keep your finger pressed on it, a messege comes up (like our soldiers returned to base or mission appeared), when you close the messege, the globe continues rotating.

I have found that if you let go of the rotation key and press it again, when you release it, the rotation should stop. I did not experience this in tactical missions, since I rarely use rotation there (and you don't have messeges popping up in them).

• 1 month later...

Hey kret i've hit this problem aswell. I ran into it a few times while saving then I'd come back to find a dizzy display of moving geoscape... Its only happened a handful of times since playing. what I did was just reload my saved game and it always stopped... I always though it had to do the heli in movement when I went to save but I could be mistaken.. and Im almost sure it another 1.3 bug

Anyaway its completely fixed now!

I reinstalled the game and only went as far as patching to 1.2 (which seems to fix allot of things!)