X-Force is back!

Aralez

A game thought dead is re-born: X-Force: Fight for Destiny ! The last news (author quitting etc.) seemed like the end to that program. But some helpers appeared and now the work continues! The official site has an english translation, a new version of the game and the much-wanted manual is online, too! I think we will hear more from X-Force in the future. Go visit that site and give them some support, ideas and greetings, will you ? Link here: X-Force Website

https://www.xforce-online.de/screenshots/screens/images/v084500.gif

Thanks for the news of X-Force. I've sent Jim Raynor an offer to help out with the english phraseology of the web site. I haven't figured out if he intends to have two sites or just one available in both English and German. What I've seen of the game so far looks greate!

The older version release in feb is fine.

Boy it is tough to play against transport UFO. 18 against 6 soliders. That mission is hard.

The real time ground combat is near impossible. Any tips.

And can someone tell me when to download a german translater. I cannot read germen although i learn it 10 years back.

Lots of stuff in the game is still in german.

Just a quick comment, it looks like the X-Force web site has implemented my suggestions on the first page. I just suggested some better phrasing of things and other minor edits. I guess that means I need to submit more suggestions! <grin> Enjoy!

This game is great right? it sum up all the good things in xcom 1,2,3.

I love the teleport deployment . in fact it the only way i can win against 27 aliens with 6 soldiers. I lost two guys.

I love the sale method, the air intercept, just about every is well designed. Something XCOm should be.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, I've helped out with phrasing on several pages now and work continues. A new beta of X-Force was recently released (v0.845) Much of the game is in English now and they need players to help them find problems. Major bugs trigger an E-mail to the developers, and comments are always welcome. The more people play, the better it will get.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

Here's my slight rewording of the X-Force 0.845 release announcement:

Version 0.845 from Jim_Raynor 12.08.2004, 23:14

Today we are pleased to announce that the beta test is ended for version 0.845. This means that the release of V0.845 is final. As always we have the download in the download area. Updating with the online updater (config.exe) is available for owners of version 0.840 or one of the beta versions as a matter of course. Main attention is on the many bug fixes. In the tactical mission there are now only a few crashes. You can send a bug report for a crash by mail as it will allow opening your E-mail client and sending the error.txt file as an attachment. Bugs should only be reported by mail (if it causes a crash) or directly in the bugtracker. This makes administration and processing simpler for us.

As earlier announced in the news, we made a change of the script language X-script to a new script engine. With this script engine, we're able to add new functions and objects in an easier way. In future, you can reckon a many updates to X-script. There is a new project in the bugtracker for X-script.

All bugs and all enhancement requests concerning X-script can be reported there.

Some additional features were also added. Equipment can now be transferred between the bases. Also after a grenade throw the unit "flees" to the destination determined first. The aliens no longer drop random equipment. They really use the alien equipment assigned to them and drop it if they get killed. We have now deactivated the real-time mode for the tactical mission. This step was required since it was not much used in version 0.840. Maintaining the two modes at once is not possible without a huge amount of work. We made this decision so we could concentrate on the tactical aspects of the tactical missions.

Thanks for the mention on the front page. When I posted the 0.845 announcement I hadn't actually played with the update and was I pleasantly surprised! Most of the text in the English version is now in English! <grin> There is some unusual phraseology. All I need now is some time to get and edit the proper files. Thanks again for your good wishes, I'm sure the whole X-Force team appreciates it.

Aralez - I don't know anything about the programming I've just been using MS Word to edit the web pages (as text only) and sending them in as .RTF files for inclusion in the web pages. You could post your question on their forum as there is now an English forum at NON-GERMAN

It's not hard to register on their forum, even though the registeration is all in German, it's a very standard system and easy to figure out. I'll look for you there, but I'll keep cross-posting too when it seems appropriate.

Ha! I'm really lousy with names. I live in Georgia U.S.A so it's unlikely we've ever met. I'm glad to help out though as I've been a fan of X-COM and its clones since my first PC purchase in 1995. Before that I used Atari ST (Motorola 68000 based) machines and played with lots of good German free-ware. I still recall the phrase "nict gefunden" (which I may have misspelled) from those days. :laugh:

Greetings. I figured out today that the wonderful translations become even more wonderful if you start a new game. I loaded an old game and went to the UFOpedia and the english descriptions were there, but the titles at the top of the screen were still in German. For example the Ma-Jema <german word>, even though the \xforce\data\gameset\default.pak said Ma-Jema Sniper Rifle. Starting a new game fixed this.

I'm still new to the game so pardon me if this was obvious to everyone else.

(When I posted this on the X-Force site's forum it removed the backslashes from the path to default.pak. Now we get to see if this forum software does the same. :-))