Favorite box-shot?

Slaughter

We've seen two different UFO:Aftermath box-shots so far. In addition, I've received a edited version made by Thorondor. We'd like you to take a look at all three and tell us here, or at the official boards, which one you prefer. There have been some debate about this already in this thread.

Anyway, here's the alternatives, the two first ones being "official" and the third one being Thorondor's edited version of the first one:

https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/images/boxshot_uk_small.jpg https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/images/UFOA.gifhttps://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/images/Thorondor_Boxshot_small.jpg

We do not have the second one in a larger version, so you'll have to make do with the small one for now. In addition, if you'd like to send us a box-shot you've made, please do. The more options we have, the better. Just use the site's contact sheet to get in touch with me.

I like the first one as well, but there have been some criticism of it at the official boards. People feel that it should have something related to the game on it, not just non-descript squares. And I guess that's a good point. But if they put the alien head from the second on the first, I think that could be cool.

To be honest, I don;t think it really matters wat the front of the box looks like. It's got UFO in the title, so some people will pick it up whilst others won't. Curisity should take them to the back of the box and then they'll buy it based on what they see there.

Of course, that's only the poor fools who don;t already know what UFO:A is.

I reckong the fairly low-key first one will work the best because of it's subtlety next to all of the other horrendously coloured boxes surrounding it :blink: Subtle is good, too busy and I'd think that ALTAR were trying too hard to sell the game in desperation, which we know they're not. Desperation has no place where THE FANS roam :)

True Pete, but the box is also reprecentetive for the game. A good and nice looking box can make a difference when a cusstomer is in doubt if he should buy game A or game B.

Also a great box can make a nice room decoration :blink:

Anyway i didn't like the first box looks good but had nothing to do with the game what-so-over. The third one look good and was related to the game, but the second one really give me the creeps. So i vote for the second one.

Greetz

In the gallery on this site with the E3 pictures there is a larger version of the second box-shot, it isn't a very good picture though.

Maybe they should bring them out in all the boxes, if you put them all on the same shelf you can check wich one is most popular and continue production with that one.....

Welcome fledge! (sort of, since you've been a sleeper member so far obviously :blink:)

And I agree with NEO @N@RCHY. The box will make a difference in many cases, for people that are not die-hards like us. So it's a important matter.