Munkey's page

Munkeylord

ok, well i added two more rifles onto the page......though i am having trouble with the damn pistols and putting the m203 guns together to replace the HC. there is a sniper rifle and grenade launcher in mind but i'm really trying to get the rifles and other things i already have fixed and up. the woodland camo will not get put up, its going to be part of another project. but drop me a line if you don't mind installing it manually.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well i updated the site. there are 4 new heavy weapons. 2 are sniper rifles, one a .50 cal and the other a steyr scout (which i plan to own in a year or 2). the other 2 are rifles with m-203 grenade launchers on them. hope you enjoy.

How about just moving this thread to the workshop and renaming the title to something more apropriate?

Actually, I was meaning to ask, how exactly do you attach a grenade launcher to your gun anway? Do you designate a grenade as one of the three possible ammunition clips? I know it's a little tedious to unload your clip just to put a grenade in... still.

I noticed an interesting bug when transforming the clips in a gun into grenades at one time. Once you've fired a few grenades (I hadn't changed the ammo quantity from the original clip) the equipment pile in the skyranger will mysteriously explode after a few turns and the grenade clips in the gun will vanish. But I guess this only happens in cases where the grenade has more than one 'clip', so to say.

- NKF

yes nkf, thats the only way i can think of to get the 2 to work together since xcom won't let you use 2 ammo types at the same time...i've tried it with the laser settings with grenades and the grenades won't load or it will only shoot the laser and so on. about the clip thing. i'm not quite sure what you are talking about there. the 40mm grenades only have 1 shot thats why they vanish, but if you said you didn't change them i'm not sure what is wrong with that then. pm me with more details on that area and i'll see what you mean. also if anyone is interested i will be posting Pckview.net up on my webpage, its not pck_view.exe its a new very badass program designed by the same guy that made xcview.net. hehe one neat feature is the ability to open a whole .pck file into one .bmp! thats something i requested from him, and it works wonders. so check the site later tonight for it.

Oh, no, it wasn't with any of the mods. I just fiddled around with the type of the item by changing it from a clip into a grenade. I never reset the ammo count, so I got to fire the grenades more than once. However, doing it this way seems to activate its timer somehow, and then an explosion occurs on the equipment pile in the Skyranger.

You can probably test this yourself by editing the grenades so that they have more than one 'bullet', then fire a few rounds after loading them into a gun and wait a few turns. For no reason at all, there will be an explosion on the equipment pile in your Skyranger, and all the grenades that are loaded in that gun will disappear.

I'm not exactly sure why the explosion happens on the equipment pile, but I'm guessing that since the grenade doesn't technically occupy any physical space on the map (it's in a gun, it's not on the map), the game just defaults the explosion on the equipment pile.

I suppose this is reason enough to leave the ammo count for the grenades alone. :P

- NKF

i'm debating on weather to make new laser weapon pictures. just wondering what anyone would think would be nice to see or how to make the heavy laser.....well more efficient and useful. ideas would be greatly appreciated since i have no idea what a "laser" rifle would look like......technically. any good movies out with badass laser rifles in them?

Just a thought.

Tried it once; gave rifle 100 rds of 255 HE. Nuked the map in one turn. :P

But seriously the best thing for the Heavy Laser would be and auto shot, same goes for the tanks(revolving barrels) and the standard pistol(would make nice Uzi). Also the laser weapons look unusually bulky (maybe its batteries or something). Need advanced power source in the grip to cut down on size and wieght. Could make Heavy Laser similar in size to the Laser Rifle and mention that it has a carbon fiber stock, titanium parts, and micro fusion power source.

About the tank thing I mentioned earlier:

Take an existing tank give it 120 TU's, reduce it's armor to about half, and give it a chain gun. Have a speed for armour trade off. Could be used as a heavy recon vehical (HRV as aposed to HWP).

Edit: Also need to reduce damage to something like the rifle (have a 7.62 NATO chain gun) to avoid overkill (no Nuke tanks with 255 HE) :P

lol, but the only problem with that is that i'm not quite sure if AP ammunition will punch a hole in a ufo, i'll have to test it out.

the side walls of a ufo have a armor rating of 100.

to put that inperspecive the woden wall in a barn have a rating of 12

and the innerwall of a ufo have a rating of 80

they take a beating and will cost you more ammo than it is worth... plus you have to hit it with somthing that can do more than 100 points of damage to even dent it's "hit points" of around 180.

-Blade FireLight