Wizards of the coast

silencer_pl

Having done the Forge mission, ADVENT sent it's magical UFO to hunt for the Avenger, but meanwhile I've sent a second team to acquire that psionic gateway. It went rather smooth, with few exceptions because of the burrowed Chryssalids.

Next mission was game mocking me. We did get a supply raid, and on top of that we got a sitrep that only 3 people can be sent, So I sent the best possible squad. Myself, Tycho and SV. 13 vs 3, the outcome could be only one. Total alien annihilation, on you probably don't need to guess who was the MVP in that mission ;) and who was most exposed ;)

WqG8Szu.jpg

ew5MxLG.jpg

MKHyBrf.png

After this we had our Avenger "defense" or rather what I call it: The butcher bay of ADVENT. I probably could stay and kill 500 aliens but frankly I felt bored and finished the mission without any delays.

BzFH7Ih.png

Few more missions later and we are set to go to the waterworld.

And thus ends the life ot the Wizards of the cost again. The psionic tower was assaulted by a three man squad, well 2 men and one robot. It all went nice, but we almost lost Ivan Dogovich, because I've equipped a modded gun, that did not have modded proper detection range for the reapers. And for the final mission I've sent the best of the best. Shame that only 6 men still and I had to leave 2 of you behind.

So to the waterworld went: Me (of course), Sunflash, Zombie, Tycho, SV, Hobbes. And I rushed this so fast that I forgot to equip medikit for Zombie. Bah, medikits who needs them. In any case. The beginning is not changed except there is no useless chatter that was in the vanilla. Generally the path is the same except the end. This time once you reach the final corridor and defeat the Gatekeeper pod you are transported to the next chamber through loading screen. Then there is as usual the fight against 3 avatars with that chatter about peace and stuff. The first avatar went down in first turn, then we had to fight 6 faceless. No big deal, SV soften them up with faceoff and Sunflash with Reaper finished them off. The next wave with avatar #2 were 2 berserkers and 2 mutons and 3 chryssalids. It is there that Zombie was wounded by a Muton because he failed to do a barrel roll otherwise this would be a flawless mission (Zombie you're fired). The second avatar was killed by Hobbes planting a Claymore and performing a deadeye shot. The next wave was a brutal of 3 Andromedons. And when Avatar #3 spawned we only focus fire him, with SV finishing him with fan fire.

And there you have it.

FRBUwHt.jpg

I don't know where those 2 failed missions are. It's a mystery because this time I haven't lost anything. Neither I have lost 56 soldiers but only 2.

Kjrz4uZ.jpg

ZJEfd0x.jpg

pFqpcz2.jpg

rsVtlXf.jpg

As for outro, we have the standard and for each faction.

Reapers: return home.

Skirmishers: an Advent officer with few troops comes, the leader welcomes them, then they drop down the weapons and take of their helmets.

Templars: This is rather big one. They come to the place on surface supposedly where the waterworld was, drawn by some "force" stating that The Real war begins. Presumably foreshadowing XCOM 3.

lc58cCA.jpg

d0AngnM.jpg

c9SaYxz.jpg

And speaking of the XCOM 3 - I sort of think that the Skirmishers (or ex-ADVENT) are/will be the predecessors of the Mutant Alliance from X-COM Apocalypse.