Elite: Dangerous

Space Voyager

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ef8e40b58a5d43c40630e8b0859f3bc51813035c_400x225.png

Elite Dangerous' long-running storyline, The Azimuth Saga, is about to reach its dramatic finale. The controversial figure known as Salvation is preparing to unleash the Proteus Wave, a superweapon he claims will stop the Thargoid menace once and for all.

The finale of the Azimuth Saga, coinciding with the release of Update 13 for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey on Tuesday August 9th, will pave the way for future Elite Dangerous content updates throughout the rest of 2022 and beyond.

For any Commanders who wish to join the intensifying fight against the Thargoids, they should head to the HIP 22460 system where they will find it swarming with Anti-Xeno Conflict Zones. Some of these zones feature capital ships from the Federation, Empire and even the Alliance, as they attempt to buy Salvation the time he needs to construct the Proteus Wave.

Players will be updated on Salvation’s progress in building the Proteus Wave via in-game broadcasts until the moment it is activated. Commanders won't want to miss what happens next.

::

Learn more here.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried playing Elite a couple of days ago and found I just can't any more. At least not yet. A serious exploration expansion would probably draw me back in, or at least a player organized expedition. As is, I just feel no drive. Also, I have a photobook to make. I promise this every year...

@SV: you mean the 3D Holographic virtual photobook? I'm sure that will eventually happen. 🤖 The thing to keep in mind is that it's making memories that's really important and the fact you've made that possible for your family many times now should result in gratitude and happiness, not punishment. 😜

::

Meanwhile:

c5JuwLpkqAayhoFCo5dT37-1920-80.jpg

PC Gamer's  Christopher Livingston interviews the Frontier Developments team about the future of Elite: Dangerous, and what Update 14 will mean for the long-running simulation of the Milky Way Galaxy.

• 3 months later...

I hear the bubble is burning... Nice change. I might actually hop back in and see it for myself.

My "home" is a station around an ammonia world, a move to another system might be a good idea. Ammonia worlds are a prime target for Thargoids, presumably they evolved on one so... prime real estate. Also, several more Stargoids are incoming. 

I actually might get back into the cockpit. It's been a while.

• 5 months later...

I kinda enjoyed the start of the Thargoid war but it soon transpired that we really CAN'T do anything yet and that further updates will bring the tools for the next stage and so forth. In the meantime we were able to just grind and grind with no chance of winning. That sucks and I got out again. This update doesn't seem to bring much progress, I'll probably skip.