favourite weapon/s

• 1 month later...

frankly, my favorite weapon was the browning HP pistol I used with my engineer for the first 4 missions. not the most powerful, but I loved the sound of it and it sure got the job done.

also like the Johnson light machine gun for my gunner, has a real thunderous machine gun sound.

• 1 year later...

My favourite is machined pistol M712. You can get it early from German Research Station, special version (with a MG on car). After London some other encounters also has them. 20 rounds per magazine, 2 shot burst, and pretty good damage/AP ratio. It's more expensive than M1917 or Walther for sure.

Once got that, we will have to wait until Sterling Prachett Para for something better. Even Browning HP is not better due to lacking burst ability.

:necro:

I have a new favorite weapon after each mission, though the M.712 has a special place in my heart. Used only that for the first 8-9 levels on my Sniper, solid weapon.

The AK 47 has earned a top rank also. It's got brilliant damage potential and it sounds amazing. Oleg probably uses about 10-20 bullets per mission because it's just so lethal.

My Medic used the 33-40 Rifle for a long time, but the damage kind of drops off by the 10th mission. I have since replaced it with a AVS-36, so she spends a lot less time reloading and more time healing.

My personal favorite Sniper rifle at the moment is the SKS-45, good damage, very low AP cost, decent clip capacity, and it sounds like a beast.

the first set of 4 (fail one), entering London I got Manlicher scoped, and the scoped 3340 is horribly weak by then. After London, I choose Border right away, and got the scoped silent carbine 98k, and a scoped mosin. The latter is too unwieldy compared to manlicher, so I dont use it. Manlicher got transfered to the second rifleman, while 98K got into my main sniper.

In Border, I got AVS right away. It lack scope, so if I use it, it would go into the hand of my machinegunman.

AK47 is in one merc's possession, right? I got 20K in cash, so I prolly wont get him until later.

I was unable to get the Border mission having probably done them in wrong order. Oleg (who comes with the awesome AK 47) is my toughest operative. Originally I had planned to only use him for the corrupt official mission since Holly couldn't pick a lock even if you gave her the key. Plus he was easily able to sneak into every crevice of that mansion.

I was about to fire him, until he unleashed the almighty wrath of his AK. I felt bad robbing him of his weapon, so I kept him on, and only use him as a last resort. Him and OZ are a particularly lethal combination.

I was kind of let down by the Thompson 1928, being one of my favorite real life weapons, I was disappointed to see how it is depicted in game, very crappy stats.

The two major battles, I do them right away. Like the 1st set, Silo and Penemunde. Second set would be Border 1st then Corrupt Official 2nd.

Of three games, S3 is limiting my character the most since I need to have ENG 130+ for MC to get secret mission. For that, Engineer MC is a must.

HS I like me a Sniper pistoleer though all kind can work the same. I expect that S2 next would be the same.

Right after London is Border. Border net me a scoped silent carbine 98K and Mosin scoped. Shop give me G41 scoped, SVT, 1st M712 (though I loot mine long ago) and HP Browning. If I remember correctly, it would be the only HP Browning in game. Very nice gun and better than M712. Although the equation

Browning HP: single unit, no burst, better stat

M712: can loot multiple units, burst.

Make M712 head and shoulder above the competition.

And durability 125, Browning HP's 1800 point can survive somewhat if you repair it before battles. At 200, it wont, and it simply lose to a pair of M712.