organization becoming under alien's control

sky

Although I didn't know it at the time, the item that I tried to transfer was a Cloaking Field. After I notice the stores problem and I reloaded the saved game, I experimented to ascertain whether the sell/buy routine was responsible and it was. :dontgetit:

There's nowt so queer as program bugs!

• 1 month later...

Questions...

So, once they've gone over to the aliens, there is absolutely no way of getting them back? Even if you level their buildings? Even if an Overspawn or UFO levels their buildings?

And... what's to stop you taking the artifact in question (assuming a soldier can carry it) into someone's backpack and then ordering them to 'go to building' the research base? I suppose I could just go over and try this myself, but surely there won't be any need for a taxi...

M. Hoz: Remember, companies will only accept bribes for so long. At some point, they will eventually refuse your bribes outright, unless they themselves demand a peace settlement (which oddly enough always sets them back to neutral, even if they are already allies)

Metal Angel: Unresearched objects don't normally appear in the equip screen, so you can't transfer them manually. Of course, they should still be in your inventory before you get back to base after performing a mission, so you might be able to drop them off first. Your transport also drops off any equipment collected from the battle at any base you tell it to stop at. Therefore it pays to visit the research centre before heading home after any battle with new technology.

Personally, I try to minimise this problem by keeping all primary research facilities centred in the base that does all the ground assaults. To make space, I generally move the repair facility (you only ever need one for your entire fleet) and workshops to other bases. It's a bit of a hassle to transfer newly produced equipment, but it reduces your reliance on Transtellar a bit.

- NKF

IMHO, Transtellar is a company which you are not allowed to have taken over, to me, it's by far the most important. If only you could manufacture your own droids :power:

I've recovered a company from about 80% infiltration ONCE, but usually, if it gets to 50-60, it goes. It's usually very sudden. I find I have the check the goddamn infiltration graph every day.

its just like a hostile takeover. once they have 50% (or 51% i dunno) they have majority power in the organaization and can kickout the board members i guess...iimagine that. a blue humanoid commanding microsoft...