New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

BlunterII

Well aren't you up late! Go Germany!

Yes, it was actually a spy, not a saboteur, but I threw it away because I couldn't come up with anything good

that was balanced and interesting enough to be a seperate class.

Speaking of which, did you ever take a look at the remote-controlled explosives that detonate by using a

"detonator" (actually a weapon that fires a shot that doesn't damage enemies, but does blow up

mines/explosives from a decent range) for the Saboteur class?

EDIT: Forgot this was an international board and was kind of drunk, the rest of my post is correct though!

Yes, I live in the Pacific time zone. It was a sunny weekend afternoon here smile.png

You could still run those "Spy" ideas (or other ones) by me... I am interested. Perhaps we can figure

something out together (new class wise).

--------------------------

A new perk tree is only a part of creating a functioning class.

There are other things involved in that process as well:

- Class skill values (generally at lvl.14-15) - they show the expected skill values when the unit reaches that

level, which in turn determines which skills will develop faster and higher than others.

- Unit's Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence attributes further modify the above skills if those skills are

associated with any of the three attributes.

- Class' Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence modifiers determine how fast those attributes will grow

compared to the base rate of 1. (ex.: in vanilla Soldiers have: Str.=2, Dex. =1, Int =1 / in BlunterMod they

are: Str.=3, Dex. =2, Int =1)

-------------------------------

I am still experimenting with the remote explosives idea.

You see, for that to work I'd need to:

1. be able to identify that the 'detonator' is equipped (in a slot) by one of our units and is being used...

There is no function in S^3 that enables that check (H&S has one). The only one remotely related to that is

UnitSelectSlot(Unit, Slot 1/2) but it's not really helpful in this context.

2. If we actively set specific explosives (assuming there are more than one) I'd have to be able to check for

that item (calling it by their 'name') and check its location (to set the waypoint for the explosion, maybe). While

the waypoint is possible to create at the moment of setting the explosive, I've no idea how to name RPG items

within the game (only in the editor)...

3. I don't think I'd be able to 'tie' this whole routine (provided it is successful in the first place) to a

specific class without having to mess with the game's source code.

So, as you can see there are some serious stumbling blocks I am facing with the remotely-controlled explosives

idea....

[EDIT] hmm... Actually, I might be able to do it after all (with limitations)... I am in the middle of another "breakthrough" smile.png [/EDIT)

According to conspiracy theories, the territory in Antarctica (New Swabia en.wikipedia.org / wiki /

New_Swabia), where the Nazis established a fully functioning base, the so-called Base 211

(https://base211.ru/in...s=uk2l9wi9?????) (https://ru.scribd.com...e-the-Myth-and- the-Reality), with docks for

submarines and functioning airfields. According to, statements of conspiracy theorists, many important ranks

of Nazi Germany, were able to take refuge there, having survived the war. Fanatics conspiracy theories believe

that Schicklgruber managed bezhatiz Germany and died at the Base 211, in the sixties

Thank you, Ronin. I recall reading about it.

So, I assume you wanted it to be incorporated into the current plot somehow... Did you read Lt's "Die Wolfe"

outline?

Tofu,

I am experimenting with grenade weight and APA (penetration) increase (only heavy ones at the moment) using

wiki values as a guide... Any wishes or requests in terms of specific values or grenade hierarchy?

Question: Was there an RPG 41 grenade ? I couldn't find any info about that one... Or did they simply

mislabel the RPG 14 as 41?

Btw, I found this grenade model in the editor:

Grenades_1_Breda42Model%2520_1.png

Any ideas on where Breda 42 would belong on the S^3 grenade continuum?

The current line-up is as follows (primarily based on weight and other stats to various degrees):

Light: SRCM mod.35 > Breda > M39 Einhandgranaten > TG21 > Mk3A1 > OF37 > Z-23 > RG 42 > M34 > O-23 >

Medium: M24 > F1 > RGD 33-H > 36M Mk1 > RGD 33-O >

Heavy: RPG 6 > RPG 40 > RPG 43 >RPG 41 > PWM 1

Slightly increased M24's weight, etc.... for them to display "Medium" in the grenade description (had to be

over 400g) Increased RPG 6, etc... to display "Heavy" (> 1000 g)

What are your thoughts on this?

Someone64,

I tested that house in "Saving Sentinel" mission.

One of the guards on the 2nd floor is set to 'roaming' 20 - which translates in a slight possibility of him

walking on Wallis (hidden in the bathroom). Not very scrupulous design, I guess, or perhaps it was intended.

You just got unlucky. sad.png

I bet if you reloaded it wouldn't have happened.

Bottom line: it had nothing to do with the mod wink.png

Solid Beard,

Thanks for posting those images.

I might get to making some of those when I'm finished with the other things I planned. I do have to prioritize, unfortunately.

If you are going to give modding a try - I would suggest that you work in S^3 environment. Compared to S^2 it is so much easier, more content, more script functions, etc. Superior in every way.

Squirrel Commander,

Thank you.

I will definitely address "Castle Linden" crashes... will probably need to re-write the script (parts or the

whole thing).

malthaussen,

If you are still interested in changing your camera settings - here are the contents of my cfg/S3autoexec file

that control the in-game camera limits.

Just open the file with notepad and copy/paste the following instead of what you currently have in there:

(on Win7 & 8 you might need to do it as an admin and/or give yourself the necessary permissions to save after

editing the file)... wirbelwind - enables "~" to open the console...

//============================================================================

// generated by S^2, do not modify

gfx_autodetect

//

exec .\cfg\s3input.cfg

exec .\cfg\s3config.cfg

// User config

mission_camera_limits 30 1 90 -1.8 -0.05

mission_camera_softlimits 30 2 88 -1.75 -0.05

//mission_camera_softlimits 35 18 50 -1.4 -0.7

mission_camera_zoom_speed 0.3

mission_camera_pitch_speed 5

mission_camera_yaw_speed 1.5

mission_camera_scroll_speed 1.4

//mission_camera_scroll_acceleration 100

wirbelwind

to be continued

~ Blunter ~

Does that mean with the editor of S2 can not replace the old uniforms (or models) with the new ones?

I have to warn you that the new uniforms (the soldier and the medic in particular) i designed also for the females, and thus for the original uniform, which you will have to work on is only available for the male. You think you can make a version for the female?

Did you read Lt's "Die Wolfe"

outline?

Question: Was there an RPG 41 grenade ? I couldn't find any info about that one... Or did they simply

mislabel the RPG 14 as 41?

~ Blunter ~

Yes, I read the storyline.

Well, we are considering an alternative history, so the idea of the German arctic base will not look white crow on this background. So my idea is, that before the end of the war, realizing the inevitable defeat, "Die Wölfe", according to their plan began to go underground and create strongholds around the world for future revenge. According to Lieutenant scenario, "Die Wölfe" base is located in Egypt. Such a large organization, seeking to dominate the world, can not have a single stronghold, so why not take the opportunity to implement the Arctic base? In addition, such an arrangement would "Die Wölfe" control southern hemisphere (with very strong pro-German sentiment in South America). Besides, Antarctica (due to geographical features) is the perfect testing ground for new weapons prototypes from Panzerklein to Schauberger disc-shaped aircraft (whose prototype we saw in a random encounter in Switzerland, vanilla Silent Storm).

Taking this opportunity, I shall continue. Short preview: "despite all the heroism of soldiers of the Wehrmacht and technical genius of German scientists, Millennial Reich (or whatever they were) expecting the inevitable defeat in the war ... Realizing this, the organization's leadership to reflect on the legacy of the Great Germany. Most outstanding scientists and the most talented engineers, together with their families and thousands of faithful sons of Germany were transported away to the South-in Queen Maud land by the submarines, where among the Arctic ice and the snow desert, in the kingdom of the polar night, the German industry and unyielding character was erected "Valhalla "(or" New Berlin ", whatever) underground base, capable of taking (and produced) submarine cruisers Kriegsmarine (type XXI boats) and the Luftwaffe jets. Moreover," Valhalla " were taken most assembly lines of deadly weapon prototypes retaliation. Wernher von Braun, and Horten brothers, Alexander Lippisch and Dr. Schauberger-all these great minds have found their refuge here. In the laboratories of "Valhalla" continues the project "Ragnerek" - German nuclear program.... Let Europe and America are asleep, let the Ruskies revel in the temporary triumph, goading fragments of a great country. One day, far to the south, in the light shines Aurora, wolf Fenrir prolong his howling and bloody moon herald the beginning of Ragnerek. And in his cleaning flame will burn treacherous Slavs, will burn the cowardly Anglo-Saxons, heralding the triumph of the great Teutonic civilization" -Von Zeggers emphasized the word "Ragnarok" and closed the diary ... He hear noise of "implosio engine"-and that meant that it's time go to helipad, where was ready to take off a new disc-shaped machine of Dr. Schauberger, which means that they can not start without their test pilot ... ".

PS I apologize for the clumsy text)

RPG-41(https://www.megasword...oto/812_01.jpg- number 4 on the photo) was developed by designer Puzyrev in 1941 due to the increased armor of German tanks. Was unpopular in the army, because of the large mass (1.4 kg), the throwing distance was only 15 meters, had the nickname "Voroshilov kilogram." The most actively used in the defense of Leningrad in 1942, later replaced by the RPG-43 designer Belyakov .

Does that mean with the editor of S2 can not replace the old uniforms (or models) with the new ones?

I have to warn you that the new uniforms (the soldier and the medic in particular) i designed also for the females, and thus for the original uniform, which you will have to work on is only available for the male. You think you can make a version for the female?

I don't know, Solid Beard. I can't promise anything.

I am working on the encounters and extra content right now: remote explosives, additional areas for the base (a workshop and a lab downstairs), quests, dialogues, global variables, grenade overhaul, balancing issues, debugging, rare ammo, etc..., so when I have time I'll give some of the uniforms, you and others requested, a try... but it's not a priority for me right now.

As for S^2 (just like in S^3)... yes, you can change the old uniforms (or specifically models for S^2), provided you know how to import textures (or even better - your own models - if you have one of the early Maya versions and know how to use it). Of course, the texture needs to be made first. I do it through taking screenshots of the ones I am interested in modifying, cropping them out, redrawing them, importing, trying them on, redrawing them again, importing them again and so on and so forth. Sometimes it takes 20-30 cycles to get it right. In rare cases, usually when a 'hard' model is involved (ex.: 'honor guard' uniforms), it can be 45-50...

Yes, I read the storyline.

Well, we are considering an alternative history, so the idea of the German arctic base will not look white crow on this background. So my idea is, that before the end of the war, realizing the inevitable defeat, "Die Wölfe", according to their plan began to go underground and create strongholds around the world for future revenge. According to Lieutenant scenario, "Die Wölfe" base is located in Egypt. Such a large organization, seeking to dominate the world, can not have a single stronghold, so why not take the opportunity to implement the Arctic base? In addition, such an arrangement would "Die Wölfe" control southern hemisphere (with very strong pro-German sentiment in South America). Besides, Antarctica (due to geographical features) is the perfect testing ground for new weapons prototypes from Panzerklein to Schauberger disc-shaped aircraft (whose prototype we saw in a random encounter in Switzerland, vanilla Silent Storm).

Taking this opportunity, I shall continue. Short preview: "despite all the heroism of soldiers of the Wehrmacht and technical genius of German scientists, Millennial Reich (or whatever they were) expecting the inevitable defeat in the war ... Realizing this, the organization's leadership to reflect on the legacy of the Great Germany. Most outstanding scientists and the most talented engineers, together with their families and thousands of faithful sons of Germany were transported away to the South-in Queen Maud land by the submarines, where among the Arctic ice and the snow desert, in the kingdom of the polar night, the German industry and unyielding character was erected "Valhalla "(or" New Berlin ", whatever) underground base, capable of taking (and produced) submarine cruisers Kriegsmarine (type XXI boats) and the Luftwaffe jets. Moreover," Valhalla " were taken most assembly lines of deadly weapon prototypes retaliation. Wernher von Braun, and Horten brothers, Alexander Lippisch and Dr. Schauberger-all these great minds have found their refuge here. In the laboratories of "Valhalla" continues the project "Ragnerek" - German nuclear program.... Let Europe and America are asleep, let the Ruskies revel in the temporary triumph, goading fragments of a great country. One day, far to the south, in the light shines Aurora, wolf Fenrir prolong his howling and bloody moon herald the beginning of Ragnerek. And in his cleaning flame will burn treacherous Slavs, will burn the cowardly Anglo-Saxons, heralding the triumph of the great Teutonic civilization" -Von Zeggers emphasized the word "Ragnarok" and closed the diary ... He hear noise of "implosio engine"-and that meant that it's time go to helipad, where was ready to take off a new disc-shaped machine of Dr. Schauberger, which means that they can not start without their test pilot ... ".

PS I apologize for the clumsy text)

RPG-41(https://www.megasword...oto/812_01.jpg- number 4 on the photo) was developed by designer Puzyrev in 1941 due to the increased armor of German tanks. Was unpopular in the army, because of the large mass (1.4 kg), the throwing distance was only 15 meters, had the nickname "Voroshilov kilogram." The most actively used in the defense of Leningrad in 1942, later replaced by the RPG-43 designer Belyakov .

Good stuff, Ronin. A base in Antarctica... Interesting. Although, in our case "Die Wolfe" is not that strong - that's why they need a virus to gain some sort of advantage over the Allies... hmm... Maybe a partially abandoned base or something else on a smaller scale?...

Good info about the RPG 41, thank you. I'll increase its weight a bit to match that description (it was 1.3 kg).

Hey, it's just me, or the loot screen after mission doesn't work with 2.4?

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, FM. Which mission was it?

The first 2 missions are not supposed to have a loot screen in vanilla. I added that function to almost all Blunter missions... Did I miss any?

Or did any of the vanilla ones lose that function somehow?

to be continued

~ Blunter ~

Maybe a partially abandoned base or something else on a smaller scale?...

~ Blunter ~

I agree, too ambitious for an underground organization) Well, we can reduce the extent of the base (without assembly lines, nuclear program, shipyards for submarines ) - say, an outpost in Antarctica, left over from the war, existing within the project "Polar Wolves" - as a test center prototypes of new weapons (disc-shaped aircraft, new Panzerklein models ), strategic intelligence, control of the southern hemisphere, small sabotage operations on the sea lanes, mining mineral resources (iron ore, rare earth metals, oil?)

Or implemented as a mission in an abandoned outpost since the war, containing important information (potential technology), something like Panemyunde Archives in the original Silent Storm Sentinels (one of my favorite missions in the game)

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, FM. Which mission was it?

The first 2 missions are not supposed to have a loot screen in vanilla. I added that function to almost all Blunter missions... Did I miss any?

Or did any of the vanilla ones lose that function somehow?

Prologue, Test of Loyalty, Saving Sentinel and Shade RE.

Though, I remember at least Saving Sentinel having the after mission loot screen in vanilla - it just blinked for a second after the first or secon mission (just to show in-game tip about loot screens) and then went right to mission report.

Another question about the Bodies Found (Counterfeit?) mission:

I've killed everyone (smugglers and mercenaries) in that mission, picked up all the yellow clues that bandits dropped and the only reaction after opening the doors to Danilov's room is being shot at. Weren't I supposed to interrogate him? I've run across the map to trigger any hidden enemies but there doesn't seem to be any. Is this some bug, or did I do something wrong?

Though, I remember at least Saving Sentinel having the after mission loot screen in vanilla - it just blinked for a second after the first or secon mission (just to show in-game tip about loot screens) and then went right to mission report.

I've killed everyone (smugglers and mercenaries) in that mission, picked up all the yellow clues that bandits dropped and the only reaction after opening the doors to Danilov's room is being shot at. Weren't I supposed to interrogate him? I've run across the map to trigger any hidden enemies but there doesn't seem to be any. Is this some bug, or did I do something wrong?

Prologue and Test of Loyalty aren't supposed to have after mission loot screen, but i played through those other two and got after mission loot screen, are you using some other mods? if so try without them. (or it might just be bug with the game)

For Counterfeit mission did u kill the sniper to the far left of your guys start positions.

Prologue and Test of Loyalty aren't supposed to have after mission loot screen, but i played through those other two and got after mission loot screen, are you using some other mods? if so try without them. (or it might just be bug with the game)

Nope, no other mods.

For Counterfeit mission did u kill the sniper to the far left of your guys start positions.

I'm quite sure I've killed anything thad moves and even some things that weren't mobile ;)

But I'll check all the corners again.

I agree, too ambitious for an underground organization) Well, we can reduce the extent of the base (without assembly lines, nuclear program, shipyards for submarines ) - say, an outpost in Antarctica, left over from the war, existing within the project "Polar Wolves" - as a test center prototypes of new weapons (disc-shaped aircraft, new Panzerklein models ), strategic intelligence, control of the southern hemisphere, small sabotage operations on the sea lanes, mining mineral resources (iron ore, rare earth metals, oil?)

Or implemented as a mission in an abandoned outpost since the war, containing important information (potential technology), something like Panemyunde Archives in the original Silent Storm Sentinels (one of my favorite missions in the game)

An outpost sounds like something that could fit in nicely ...along with several other locations, maybe as part of a side quest...

Rare metals... hmm... I was thinking of using them as components/prerequisites for some of the PK and weapon upgrades. Scandium?...Some other rare metal... The fact that they are rare (limited amount, found only in some missions), they are expensive (I could add one or two available for purchase in limited amount(s))... - will hopefully prevent possible exploits, making it an achievement instead of a regular routine...

Any thoughts on that?

Now, what would we need to make explosive bullets (at the workshop) ... I know about the mercury myth, should we stick with that? Or, perhaps some other chemical element?.. I am thinking about bringing some of the HE rounds back (featured in v2.3)

Thoughts?

Strange, Prologue (SM1) shouldn't have it. It is not in its script.

Test of Loyalty didn't have it initially (I added it). Now it's removed again.

[EDIT] Did you modify any of the external scripts (in the scripts folder), by chance? (Namely - OnRealExit() ?) That could interfere with the loot screen routine...

FM, try scouting the area and killing every smuggler and Grimm bandit first (in the house and outside). Don't forget the sniper, S.Comm mentioned. The sniper is on the hill across the street. Once that's over an interrogation cut scene will be triggered... It's not a bug, it's intentional.

Oh, and don't attack/injure Danilov or his wife. Because if you do - they'll never talk to you and you'd have to kill them both.

For the uniforms you have all the time you want wink.png

Maybe I'll experiment with the editor of S2 while i wait for the new uniforms.

All right Solid. I'll see what I can do.

to be continued

~ Blunter ~

Another question. This time it's regarding the remote explosives.

What are they made of? What material would be the limiting factor in their production (at the base workshop).

My initial trials with those have been successful. I created a pair of satchels and a detonator. The charges are set by tossing the satchels out of the carrier's inventory. Equipping the detonator in an active slot triggers the explosion.

The limitations are:

- the amount of charges the player can have at any given time. Right now it's 2 (currently the explosion is that of the Bazooka M20 rocket.) I am planning to introduce a pair of high penetration charges as well (the "Red" M20 shell equivalent) for placing traps for wondering PKs and robots.

- the charges can not be equipped in any of the slots (they are regular RPG items)

- there is only one detonator available (due to ...err... how peculiar this whole script is)

- it is going to be controlled by an external script (which I will provide with the next update)

I need input on this as I've no idea what to use, where to obtain it... (story wise)... and how to justify its limited availability.

PS.: they are radio controlled...

What frequency would be appropriate in this case (for the tool tip)? Currently the tool tip mentions low frequency... But I don't really know the specifics... Does it sound right?

I read that it has to be some "silent" frequency...whatever that means huh.png

Oh, and how do I split the frequency descriptions for the regular and the "red" explosives?..

(I'll post the screenshots later...)

to be continued

~ Blunter ~

Strange, Prologue (SM1) shouldn't have it. It is not in its script.

Test of Loyalty didn't have it initially (I added it). Now it's removed again.

[EDIT] Did you modify any of the external scripts (in the scripts folder), by chance? (Namely - OnRealExit() ?) That could interfere with the loot screen routine...

The only modification besides your mod is the anti-durability routine, but that shouldn't interfere with the loot screen.

--

durTimer = 5

function MyFunc()

while 1 do

Sleep(20)

-- out("Durability Restored")

if IsValid(GetHero()) then

a,b,c = UnitWeaponGetDurability(GetHero())

UnitWeaponSetDurability(GetHero(),c,c,c)

for i = 1, (GroupGetSize(GetParty())-1) do

troop = GroupGetUnit(GetParty(), i)

a,b,c = UnitWeaponGetDurability(troop)

UnitWeaponSetDurability(troop,c,c,c)

end --for

end --if valid hero

Sleep(durTimer * 20)

end --while

end --MyFunc()

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

--

StartThread(MyFunc)

The loot screen didn't appear after Danilov's mission as well.

FM, try scouting the area and killing every smuggler and Grimm bandit first (in the house and outside). Don't forget the sniper, S.Comm mentioned. The sniper is on the hill across the street. Once that's over an interrogation cut scene will be triggered... It's not a bug, it's intentional.

Ah yes, I've found him eventually.

There should be some script attached to him making him a little more aggresive when everyone on the map is dead, because this was confusing as hell.

On the other hand, I think I broke the bank somehow, because after the mission all of the dialog option with the cashier are gone (i can only exit pressing Esc) - save file attached: https://anonfiles.com/file/84b733b659119f94431101ab52a3ed6b

FM, I couldn't run the save you provided - it crashed the game with an enormous number of errors... err... are you sure you are not using anything else (mods, scripts, etc.)? Which version of S^3 are you running CD, GOG, Steam? Any 3rd party EXEs per chance?

If you absolutely need a durability restoring routine try this:

----------------------------------------------------------------

function RestoreDurability()

while true do

Sleep(200) -- checks every 10 sec

local d

for d=0,GroupGetSize(GetParty()) -1 do

local troop=GroupGetUnit(GetParty(),d)

local e,f,g=UnitWeaponGetDurability(troop)

if e < g * 0.95 then --95% decrease

UnitWeaponSetDurability(troop,g,g,g)

end

end

end

end

-----------------------------------------------------------------

StartThread(RestoreDurability)

95% is to assist engineer training (through continuous low-end weapon fixing) otherwise the script would fix it automatically. Now you can just drop the weapon (1 shot durability decrease), pick it up and fix it, without worrying that the script will kick in and you'd need to drop it again.

Generally, using shortcuts without ' local ' in front of it makes it applicable to any other function using the same value.

When that value is ' i ' (the most commonly used shortcut in S^2, S^3 and H&S) and the function utilizing it is placed in the external scripts - there bound to be problems in almost every scripted encounter.

I would like to urge all the testers not to use other mods or any other modifications for the time being... Please.

It's virtually impossible to address other modder's mistakes, oversight and 'creativity' ... wink.png

[Edit] I'm sure I'll have enough of my own...

--------------------------------------------

I'll see if I need to change that sniper's end routine.

Just checked the Bank. Everything seems to be working... hmm...

to be continued

~ Blunter ~

An outpost sounds like something that could fit in nicely ...along with several other locations, maybe as part of a side quest...

Rare metals... hmm... I was thinking of using them as components/prerequisites for some of the PK and weapon upgrades. Scandium?...Some other rare metal... The fact that they are rare (limited amount, found only in some missions), they are expensive (I could add one or two available for purchase in limited amount(s))... - will hopefully prevent possible exploits, making it an achievement instead of a regular routine...

Any thoughts on that?

~ Blunter ~

I believe-that it is a good idea. Scandium (and other rare earth metals) as a product for the manufacture of high-strength alloys, besides, we should not forget about the use of these metals in microelectronics (how about the idea of ​​developing a proto-computers for technological superiority "Die Wölfe?"). As for the idea of several outposts in a single project, the idea is the following: as we all know, the end of the war, Germany was experiencing a serious problem due to the lack of non-ferrous and rare metals that fatally affected the quality of the tank armor and armor piercing projectiles. Therefore, by the end of the war under the "Asgard" project on Arctic outposts in Antarctica (Base "Valhalla"), Greenland (Base "Folkwang") was sent to mining equipment and specialists. Unfortunately, Germany surrendered before the first batch of minerals could be sent to the Fatherland. Nevertheless, "Die Wölfe" continued проект "Asgard" founding mining ventures in South Africa and Rhodesia (project "Midgard"), whence by sea, using the submarine transport (https://en.wikipedia....e_XIV_submarine) materials were sent to the outpost of "Valhalla", which used to improve Panzerkleins development of new types of munitions, creating microconductors for proto-computers.

Minerals from the outpost "Folkwang" went to a secret facility in Scandinavia ("Utgard" somewhere in the Norwegian or Swedish fjords ), where processed and resold on the black market.

https://i65.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0718/f3/8e68f0307e3e80210c7fb622d60970f3.jpg

Map shows the approximate location of the outposts (red), the main base (Egypt) as well as communications scheme to transport resources.

Sentinels trying to find data on the sources of funding "Die Wölfe", located on the black market traders speculating on rare-earth metals, uranium ("Asgard") and diamonds ("Midgard"). Collecting the crumbs of information, they go to the circuit extraction and realization of resources, which I mentioned above.

In general, flowchart оf the quest: 1) "Die Wölfe" of Wall Street" - meeting with the broker "under cover" (hourly posing as potential terrorists trying to get on the trail, "Die Wölfe"), followed by a meeting at a secret location and capture broker While transferring the money. 2)" In Search of Santa Claus "- search and destroy base in Scandinavia (can be implemented in several stages with the search-ground entrance to the inside and on the base). 3)" Kalaallit Nunaat "- mission in Greenland (base "Folkwang"). 4) "Rhodesian safari" - searching for information about "Die Wölfe" on the mining factory. 4) "Transvaal, Transvaal" - using data obtained at the factory in Rhodesia, search for materials on the "Valhalla" - covert penetration into the territory of the former residence of the late Cecil Rhodes and search documentation on Antarctic base 5) "Welcome to the South" - search and destroy base "Valhalla."

How about to implement the ability to run the system of self-destruct outpost. To reach to the point of evacuation for a limited number of moves?

Maybe add in a small branch of a confrontation with the intelligence services of other countries (MI6, CIA, KGB, China?), also investigating about "Die Wölfe"?

FM, I couldn't run the save you provided - it crashed the game with an enormous number of errors... err... are you sure you are not using anything else (mods, scripts, etc.)? Which version of S^3 are you running CD, GOG, Steam? Any 3rd party EXEs per chance?

Nope, freshly installed Steam version of S2/S3 Gold (english locale) without any other mods.

https://i.imgur.com/goJHhHz.png

Generally, using shortcuts without ' local ' in front of it makes it applicable to any other function using the same value.

When that value is ' i ' (the most commonly used shortcut in S^2, S^3 and H&S) and the function utilizing it is placed in the external scripts - there bound to be problems in almost every scripted encounter.

I would like to urge all the testers not to use other mods or any other modifications for the time being... Please.

It's virtually impossible to address other modder's mistakes, oversight and 'creativity' ... wink.png

[Edit] I'm sure I'll have enough of my own...

Maybe you should just release it as a standalone mod to be put in strategycore mod section?

I used the one from there, as I think the weapon degradation effect was way overdone in S3.

I'll see if I need to change that sniper's end routine.

He just sat there hidden all the time, even with my troops running right under the ridge and engaged only when my grenadier literally stepped on him. Maybe change his positioning a bit or increase his sight range?

Just checked the Bank. Everything seems to be working... hmm...

Well, that MIGTH have something to do with the fact that I somehow managed to send my team to the bank, while opening shop window with the weapons merchant (misclick on one soldier and sending him to the door, while switching to other and talking to the merchant in between).

If you already wish to use some rare metal without the obvious ones (titanium, paladium etc.), I'd suggest vanadium instead of scandium, as vanadium crippled german steel quality (however, there is one interesting article which shows that german steel quality wasn't that good even in '39 - lack of quality control could result in tanks which armor would just shatter and kill the crew with spalling, and the situation detoriated as war went on). Maybe even make Die Wölfe start researching a way of extracting vanadium from blood cells (as the biggest current producers are China and Russia (the far east of it), it's unlikely that Die Wölfe would be operating there... except with Japanese friends...), you could argue that they couldn't find enough of it for a new buildup, the old mines being depleted by years of war...

If you already wish to use some rare metal without the obvious ones (titanium, paladium etc.), I'd suggest vanadium instead of scandium, as vanadium crippled german steel quality (however, there is one interesting article which shows that german steel quality wasn't that good even in '39 - lack of quality control could result in tanks which armor would just shatter and kill the crew with spalling, and the situation detoriated as war went on). Maybe even make Die Wölfe start researching a way of extracting vanadium from blood cells (as the biggest current producers are China and Russia (the far east of it), it's unlikely that Die Wölfe would be operating there... except with Japanese friends...), you could argue that they couldn't find enough of it for a new buildup, the old mines being depleted by years of war...

Scandium, Vanadium- let Blunter decides) He is the father of this project

About the armor of German tanks, the same problem was in Soviet tanks (T-34, KV) in the beginning of war - low nickel content in the armor (from 0.5 to 1.5%), making it less viscous, so a large number of secondary fragments, render inoperative the crew. At the same time the British "Matilda and "Valentine", with its mediocre firing qualities,had more viscous armor (3.0 - 3.5%), which allowed the crew to survive, even after being hit by a shell

P.S.Sorry for the offtop

Or just go with quite obvious material for projectiles - tungsten (Wolfram - it would even go well with the Wolf-something name wink.png ).

And yes, there was quite a shortage of tungsten in the Third Reich, that crippled the subcaliber AP rounds production.

Wölf-ram), why not?

or take some new element, say,"Wolfium" from the same rare metal group

There seems to be a problem with Counterfeit where the mission refuses to end despite me doing all there is to do. Unless there's something obvious I'm missing I'd say this is a bug.

https://i.imgur.com/TXfXPQ1.jpg

Also, where do I start encountering alcoholic beverages?

I believe-that it is a good idea. Scandium (and other rare earth metals) as a product for the manufacture of high-strength alloys, besides, we should not forget about the use of these metals in microelectronics (how about the idea of ​​developing a proto-computers for technological superiority "Die Wölfe?"). As for the idea of several outposts in a single project, the idea is the following: as we all know, the end of the war, Germany was experiencing a serious problem due to the lack of non-ferrous and rare metals that fatally affected the quality of the tank armor and armor piercing projectiles. Therefore, by the end of the war under the "Asgard" project on Arctic outposts in Antarctica (Base "Valhalla"), Greenland (Base "Folkwang") was sent to mining equipment and specialists. Unfortunately, Germany surrendered before the first batch of minerals could be sent to the Fatherland. Nevertheless, "Die Wölfe" continued проект "Asgard" founding mining ventures in South Africa and Rhodesia (project "Midgard"), whence by sea, using the submarine transport (https://en.wikipedia....e_XIV_submarine) materials were sent to the outpost of "Valhalla", which used to improve Panzerkleins development of new types of munitions, creating microconductors for proto-computers.

Minerals from the outpost "Folkwang" went to a secret facility in Scandinavia ("Utgard" somewhere in the Norwegian or Swedish fjords ), where processed and resold on the black market.

https://i65.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0718/f3/8e68f0307e3e80210c7fb622d60970f3.jpg

Map shows the approximate location of the outposts (red), the main base (Egypt) as well as communications scheme to transport resources.

Sentinels trying to find data on the sources of funding "Die Wölfe", located on the black market traders speculating on rare-earth metals, uranium ("Asgard") and diamonds ("Midgard"). Collecting the crumbs of information, they go to the circuit extraction and realization of resources, which I mentioned above.

In general, flowchart оf the quest: 1) "Die Wölfe" of Wall Street" - meeting with the broker "under cover" (hourly posing as potential terrorists trying to get on the trail, "Die Wölfe"), followed by a meeting at a secret location and capture broker While transferring the money. 2)" In Search of Santa Claus "- search and destroy base in Scandinavia (can be implemented in several stages with the search-ground entrance to the inside and on the base). 3)" Kalaallit Nunaat "- mission in Greenland (base "Folkwang"). 4) "Rhodesian safari" - searching for information about "Die Wölfe" on the mining factory. 4) "Transvaal, Transvaal" - using data obtained at the factory in Rhodesia, search for materials on the "Valhalla" - covert penetration into the territory of the former residence of the late Cecil Rhodes and search documentation on Antarctic base 5) "Welcome to the South" - search and destroy base "Valhalla."

How about to implement the ability to run the system of self-destruct outpost. To reach to the point of evacuation for a limited number of moves?

Maybe add in a small branch of a confrontation with the intelligence services of other countries (MI6, CIA, KGB, China?), also investigating about "Die Wölfe"?

Good ideas, Ronin. Thank you.

I'd need a new global map texture if we are to leave Europe and go global... All the chapters will need to be re-positioned and their markers changed (reduced in size) as well... hmm...

I already have the 'Central Norway' chapter. Potentially, we could get our hands on the first batch of Scandium after exploring some of the local mines and excavations there...

Would there be any Paladium in Greenland?

What minerals would they have in South Africa and Rhodesia?

Very interesting...

(I'll need to think about all these... possibilities smile.png )

Nope, freshly installed Steam version of S2/S3 Gold (english locale) without any other mods.

https://i.imgur.com/goJHhHz.png

...well, the anti-durability routine you used could have been the culprit.

Did you start v2.4 from scratch or did you use S3AddMod?

Maybe you should just release it as a standalone mod to be put in strategycore mod section?

I used the one from there, as I think the weapon degradation effect was way overdone in S3.

FM, you can use the script I posted (just add it to the bottom of your s3Common file, between the last function and the out( "Common functions were loaded" ). I don't think I am going to publish anti-durability tools since I like that feature. Besides, fixing weapons is a great way to develop engineering skills outside of placing and removing mines and booby-traps.

He just sat there hidden all the time, even with my troops running right under the ridge and engaged only when my grenadier literally stepped on him. Maybe change his positioning a bit or increase his sight range?

Yes, that might be the way to go. Thank you, FM.

Well, that MIGTH have something to do with the fact that I somehow managed to send my team to the bank, while opening shop window with the weapons merchant (misclick on one soldier and sending him to the door, while switching to other and talking to the merchant in between).

I see...

Good thinking!... The whole platinum group of metals (includes paladium) is fascinating to read about. It appears Pd is commonly used in the production of fuel cells. Maybe we can use it to make special clips for rare (plasma or tesla) weapons...?

Based on some of the wiki articles, Vanadium fits the bill but is relatively common compared to the others we are considering.

Basically, the idea I had was to find a metal or metals to:

- give to Ivan to upgrade the "Protector" PK to make it more durable and to upgrade A.B.R.S. to increase its VPs.

- use at the 'workshop' to produce (rare) AP bullets

- use at the 'workshop' to produce fuel cells for experimental/ alien/ plasma/ tesla weapons

- upgrade some of the unique/ regular weapons' stats (durability, range, weight = ease of use = lower AP requirements, etc.)

One of the important characteristics (plot wise) the metal should have is its relative scarcity. That's one of the reasons I was considering Scandium. Even now they report its world wide production being around ~ 50 kg per year.

Or just go with quite obvious material for projectiles - tungsten (Wolfram - it would even go well with the Wolf-something name wink.png ).

And yes, there was quite a shortage of tungsten in the Third Reich, that crippled the subcaliber AP rounds production.

Nice! Tungsten - Wolfram for AP rounds. Thank you, FM.

Where would we find it? (preferably, in small amounts...)

Wölf-ram), why not?

or take some new element, say,"Wolfium" from the same rare metal group

(missed this one)

That is a strange coincidence... or is it? ;)

There seems to be a problem with Counterfeit where the mission refuses to end despite me doing all there is to do. Unless there's something obvious I'm missing I'd say this is a bug.

Also, where do I start encountering alcoholic beverages?

Someone64, you need to have 3 things in your inventory:

- "Counterfeit Report",

- "Danilov's Folder"

- "Linz' Note"

... to be allowed to leave that encounter.

Alcohol shows up randomly, at any time in various BlunterMod encounters. I don't believe I added them to any of the vanilla ones. Try the new REs in Poland and Germany (NW corners), some smugglers and bandits might 'share' a few drinks with you smile.png

to be continued

~ Blunter ~

All right,

A new area is available at the Base. I called it a cellar...

Base_Cellar1_ArmoryView.png

It's easily accessed from the armory. Perhaps I should lock that door until the player is accepted in the organization.

Base_Cellar2_CellarView.png

With all the signs and the markings it's pretty self-explanatory.

Base_Cellar3_WorkshopView.png

I didn't program the switch yet as I'm unclear as to what we'll be able to do there...

The interaction with the switch is probably going to be a good old Dialog Mode with multiple sub-menus:

- for weapon repair

- for new ammo crafting

- for weapon attachments (scope, silencer)

- for weapon upgrades (durability, re-chamber, barrel modifications, increased magazine capacity, etc,)

- for grenade, mine, explosive, bullet dis-assembly

- explosives assembly

That's why I need your guys' input on all these specifics.

For example: if I am to script "Dark Steel" repair,... what do we fix it with?

- Another Kar-98? If so, would that other rifle's current durability matter? Would it be consumed when the repair is complete?

- A piece of special steel? Where do we get it and how rare is it? Is there any other use for this special steel? (makes us choose and prioritize)

- Specific components or shards? How specific? How many are needed for one full repair? Where do we obtain them? Are they used elsewhere or do we need to save them for something else? (makes us choose and prioritize)

---------------------------------------------------

Another example: we are taking a grenade or a mine apart...

What components do we get? Are they used in anything else? (sure, that's the point. But what?) And what's the trade off? Can those components be obtained any other way? What would make us dis-assemble a grenade instead of procuring those parts (used to make something else)?...

---------------------------------------------------

BTW, I am not quite sure about the components needed to produce explosives. I could use some help here.

Base_Cellar3a_WorkshopHint.png

Ready for editing:

-------------------------

The Workshop,

The Workshop is a place where characters familiar with machine tools and engineering can modify weapons and create various items.

The 'dumb waiter' to the right provides easy access to the party's storage.

Base_Cellar4_LabView.png

I'm not clear about the actual application yet...

But it's ready, nonetheless...

'Using' the medical cabinet would trigger the Dialog Mode for substance crafting.

Base_Cellar4a_LabHint.png

Ready for editing:

-------------------------

The Lab,

The Lab allows characters proficient in medicine and science to experiment with various substances and create new ones.

[EDIT] Changed the smuggler sniper's routine in "Counterfeit". He'll come out of hiding and join his buddies when Linz's reinforcements arrive.

to be continued

~ Blunter ~

Would there be any Paladium in Greenland?

What minerals would they have in South Africa and Rhodesia?

~ Blunter ~

Currently, Greenland is concentrated a large number of undiscovered deposits of rare earth metals (which are showing great interest in Chinese investors).

Palladium (as well as gold and platinum) are mined in the east of the island, uranium, in the north, in general, in Greenland where there are large reserves of undiscovered deposits of palladium, titanium and vanadium

By Rhodesia and South Africa: The platinum group metals, diamonds, emeralds (Rhodesia), uranium, iron, manganese, chromium, copper ore, vanadium, lithium - more, than serious for "Die Wölfe"

and what about confrontation with the intelligence services of other countries (MI6, CIA, KGB, China?), also investigating about "Die Wölfe"?

The items in the screenshot are all the yellow worded items in the entire mission. I spent 30 minutes searching all openable furniture and blowing open crates looking for more... nothing. Is it possible for any of those objective items to be destroyed from explosions or loads and loads of bullets? I did riddle the house a little and then wasted a crapload of MP40 ammunition for fun demolishing the place after I collected all the items shown in the screeny.

EDIT: I restarted the mission and I found the unfinished report in a filing cabinet. I loaded my old save and for somereason I was somehow able to destroy both it and the file which should be impossible but it somehow happened. I seem to have blown a hole in the under of the cabinet which caused strange things to happen. Maybe it fell through the world and despawned? Tends to happen to weapons sometimes.