Help about Dimension raid ?

MitakA

Sounds like a common problem. Could be any number of things.

1. Your savegame is corrupt. Had this happen to me once or twice, but got around it by reloading an earlier save.

2. Some of the game files installed onto your hard drive are corrupt (for a full install). Solution would be to uninstall and reinstall. Usually happens on faulty or really old hard drives.

3. Your cd-rom's read head may be a bit dirty or the cd itself is scratched or smudged at just the spot where the building files are kept (For a partial install) (Okay, so it's highly unlikely, but you never know). Do a bit of cleaning then perform a full install. If you're having problems with the cd itself, and this is causing the game to load really slowly, do a full install, copy the movie files over (the .smk files) to the hard drive and disable your in-game music. This way the game will be less reliant on the cd, but will still need it for verification.

4. Your computer suddenly decided to get a bit unstable, and thus is behaving oddly. This one's easy. Just reboot the computer.

5. The game is that dodgy 'pirate edition' that's floating about the net, which, by the way, is rife with problems. If this is the case, then that is the problem. You could try bypassing the first building by getting a game editor and giving yourself the research for the next building. Still, the best thing would be to buy the game, which I know can be hard these days. While I don't condone piracy, even shelling out a few dollars for a pirated cd of Apocalypse (sans the manual, as usual) might provide better results. As they say, caveat emptor, yarr!

6. Your game CD is genuinely defective. For this problem, do not expect the distributor of the game to provide much support (if any). It's just a myth. :power: Though you could try replacing it at the store you brought the game from if you've still got the receipt. Never really done this personally.

- NKF

• 3 months later...
One of these days i'll get around to buying a legal copy too........ But in the mean time, two ?s for NKF, or anyone else who can answer them... Does givnig yourself the ability to research the next alien building let you enter? And, if not, is there a "not so dodgy" pirate edition?

Normally, you can't do that. But, say, you use an editor to give yourself the research for the different buildings and then complete them, then yes, you will be able to go straight to them.

- NKF