No looking back - XCOM AAR

silencer_pl

It's time to assault that alien base. It will reduce panic worldwide by 2 so this will save us from council members from withdrawing. This is a long mission so I cut it into 2 parts.

This is the second part of Alien Base mission. We find base commander and are able to capture.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third report, third A. The XCOM project looks like it's going to stay. After our income we happily spend it all out on base upgrades - easy comes, easy goes right ? A big brake in missions - probably UFOs spawned where we don't have eyes until the one in USA landed.

Another month comes to an end. We launch satellites over Europe (mostly) and get that special Bonus. Also it should protect us from abductions there (so they say).

After a while we spot a landed abductor over in Europe. This should be pretty nasty fight.

Second part of landed Abductor. Damned Mutons - we lost second soldier this game. Guess I've pushed his luck too much. Also what the hell with that spotting mechanism...

Oh and yeah - Berserker...

Our firepower both on ground and air increases. We got another A report from council - the guys should give some bonus after all we got all A's this far. First Firestorm is created and a second is followed by. Unfortunately aliens decide to fly over USA. Again that pilot is major lucker. He deserves some recommendation and I am surely to give him second Firestorm.

Oh and yes - Heavy Floaters.

We continue to clean up the UFO. Sgt. Moreno is pretty god damn lucky.

That's too bad. Free scientists and engineers are cool.

Than again, a continent bonus is much cooler. Go for it!

Wait what? You've lost me there.

--

Plenty of research because of the bonus we got from South America. Another UFO spotted this time South America. We yet don't have Firestorm there but the UFO ain't big problem for Raven.

Like I said - no abductions so we will be mostly seeing UFO missions - which is a good thing. This time supply barge over North America. We meet new enemy - Sectopod - pretty nasty enemy. Our Heavy has HEAT upgrade so he kills it pretty easy (considering the luck he actually hit him).

Our last Firestorms are completed and transfered to their designated bases and armed with EMP Cannons. Not soon after Hyperwave Uplink starts working revealing hidden Overseer UFO. If we didn't have Firestorm there - Raven would have like 1 second to shot it down (well lots of defensive matrices would have been used and few tracking).

This is the beginning of the last stage. We meet the last type of alien - Etherals and they are quite dangerous.

The most bad ass ship aliens can deploy. It's fusion guns can rip apart even Firestorm so you definitely want that evasion matrices. This UFO is so big that Skyranger lands on it rather somewhere on the ground.

Excuse me for some visible hicups. First my friend started to bother me then I've run out of disc space.

This is the second part of battleship battle. If the first part didn't have problems of their own in this one I run out of disk space so there should be visible cut in early minutes as I had to quit the game in mid alien turn.

Upon returning we are researching last piece of equipment - Blaster Launcher and Fusion lance for ships. The Gollop Chamber is finished so technically we are prepared for final mission. Now we only need is to train few more soldiers and check the rest for their PSI potential