For Impatient Wizards

Thorondor

Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Great mages, make haste and hone your skills for Warlock: Master of the Arcane! This turn-based strategy offering aims to put both military might and magical powers at your fingertips with potent spell combinations. But are you ready?

Well, Paradox Interactive and developers Ino-Co Plus are leaving no stone unturned to make sure you're fully prepared for tomorrow's release.

Besides the demo and a video 

there's now also a new trailer for the game and the Beginners Guide (direct link):

We are happy to release a Beginners Guide for Warlock: Master of the Arcane!

Packed with some basic information about the factors that affect gameplay,  its a must read for beginners and potential newcomers alike.

Memorize, memorize, memorize for the win!

Well I rather like the demo.

But I don't think I'll buy it just yet. Mainly because it keeps giving me too many Master of Magic flashbacks, which just makes me frustrated that it ISN'T a MoM game, and then I get frustrated at a decent game for no real reason and yadda yadda yadda.

Well I rather like the demo.

But I don't think I'll buy it just yet. Mainly because it keeps giving me too many Master of Magic flashbacks, which just makes me frustrated that it ISN'T a MoM game, and then I get frustrated at a decent game for no real reason and yadda yadda yadda.

How is it different from what you were expecting?

How is it different from what you were expecting?

(Sorry, been out of town midweek.)

Not much from what I /expected/ after seeing the few trailers/snapshots. Now, what I'd HOPED for was different by a good deal, sure.

MoM(not sure if you've played it?) could probably be best likened to a case of early modding. It's pretty much Civ with different units/landscape and a magic system tacked on(though I don't think even early Civ had the tactical combat).

So, no, its not really different that I was EXPECTING, but different than what I'd HOPED for. :P

I'm sure it'll wear off soon. I was just pointlessly whining I suppose. >.>

I was just pointlessly whining I suppose.

Wow. You don't often see that on the internet. What next?

"I don't know much about this subject. I will shut my pie hole and go and learn about it instead of talking rubbish."

"I'm a PC gamer, and also a well-rounded person, who doesn't vilify consoles for embodying the things we inflicted on them."

"I was wrong, I'm sorry."

"I understand that opinion is not fact."

Not ALL from you, Sunflash, obvs.

"I don't know much about this subject. I will shut my pie hole and go and learn about it instead of talking rubbish."

"I'm a PC gamer, and also a well-rounded person, who doesn't vilify consoles for embodying the things we inflicted on them."

No. Way. Just shut up. It doesn't belong on the internets.

Wow. You don't often see that on the internet. What next?

Not ALL from you, Sunflash, obvs.

You're frightening me.