I'm sick

Space Voyager

I had indeed registered your mysterious disappearance from the boards as of late. I was thinking alien abduction was afoot and was about to convene a squad! :):P:):cool::)

Not the best kind of vacation alright. Good to hear from you and glad you're seeing some improvement in your condition. :)

::

Wishes of a swift recovery SV!

Angina? I take it it's just angina and not more serious heart trouble? I bloody hope so anyway, SV. Get well soon, mate.

I've been fine lately, aside from a week of tiredness after giving blood. However knackered I was, the knowledge that I had saved about twenty lives with my super claret buoyed me up.

Currently, I have strained my thumb something awful trying to carry too many books in one hand. Which doesn't really compare to chest pain.

Thank you both.

The day before yesterday and yesterday angina felt like my worst nightmare... I forgot how bad an otherwise fully controllable disease can feel. It took two days for the antibiotics to kick in, dammit.

All I can say is watch your health, people. And thumbs, naturally. :P

I have to confess to not going to the doctor's unless I'm very ill indeed. The great British cure-all of running it under a cold tap is an honourable (if stupid) tradition which I will probably continue.

I don't know why we men find it so difficult to go to the doctor and admit there's something wrong with them.

Get well soon matey!

All I can add to the injury list is self-inflicted aches and pains from 5-a-side football. As with most stereotypical IT folks this was the first time I'd played football for any real length of time since high school some 11 years ago. Needless to say it was a 2 day recovery with the second day leaving me barely able to walk up the stairs at home, though this obviously pales in comparison to angina.

Maybe an hour's play without any breaks was a bit much - not even the pro footballers attempt that. I was only slightly below their fitness level of course :P

Reminds me of a self-inflicted injury which seemed a great idea at the time.

Did 20 squats, with a light weight as I was just getting back into weightlifting. Didn't even break a sweat. "What is this nonsense?" I thought.

Heavier weight, another 20. That was more like it, actually started sweating, heart had to work a little.

Increased the weight again, did another 20, and yes, it was FEEL THE BURN territory. Sweat pouring off me, breathing hard, heart thumping away like a good 'un. "That's the stuff!"

The next day, I couldn't use stairs. My knees were buggered.

Know the feeling about wanting to trade the illness for a day of work. Don't know if it's as bad as angina, but I was recently bound to the bed for a week with bronchitis. During the worst of it, couldn't even move without running out of breath and getting dizzy spells.

I know I was constantly worrying about the work on my desk at the office, but really the best thing to do is get the rest you need and not worry about everything else - it can wait.

- NKF

Again, thank you all for good wishes, they have worked. Today I still felt some headaches and stuff, but it was a minor nuisance compared to last three days. Today I'm going to sleep in my bed again, I don't think I can be a danger to missus and Ajda any more. Beats the hell out of sleeping on a couch.

Tomorrow I'll proclaim myself to be cured and I'll force myself to drink a beer. And continue with AB, naturally.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it SV? High blood pressure?

:) What do you mean? It's bacteria, eating me from the inside. Though I taught them a lesson with antibiotics.

@Thorondor: My mother found some ancient DUPLO blocks from my childhood, so now I'll be able to build and build! :P