5 replies to this topic

#1 baby arm

baby arm

Jazzercise Instructor

• Chief Editor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:29 AM

Operation Flashpoint and ArmA developers Bohemia Interactive have gathered Altar Games to their sweaty, Eastern European bosom, along with two other studios.

Prague, Czech Republic, September 30th – Bohemia Interactive, an award winning independent development studio and creators of the genre defining military simulator games Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and Arma 2, are proud to announce completion of full acquisition of development teams Altar Games (located in Brno, Czech republic), Black Element Software and Centauri Production  (both located in Prague). All four original development studios will continue operating both individually and cooperatively on various projects, as parts of Bohemia Interactive.

“Game development stands and falls with the skills, vision and enthusiasm of its developers” said Marek Spanel, Bohemia´s CEO and continues “this acquisition strengthens our studio by adding extremely experienced and talented developers from three different teams at Altar, Black Element and Centauri. It is true milestone in our company’s history.”

Bohemia Interactive is well known for its military simulator games such as Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and the military simulator of 2009 Arma 2. The recently acquired development teams bring with them a wealth of talented and experienced professionals in strategy, action, RPG and adventure genres. Altar Games known for its strategy titles Original War and the UFO Trilogy (UFO: Aftermath, UFO: Aftershock and UFO: Afterlight); Black Element have a great sense for action as shown in games Shade: Wrath of Angels and Alpha Prime; Centauri Production are talented authors that focus on adventure titles such as Memento Mori as well as games for children or family games. This important step elevates Bohemia into one of the biggest independent development teams in the region.

#2 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:42 AM

INTERESTING, really interesting news. I wonder what they will come up with, their potential seems unlimited!

#3 Thorondor

Thorondor

Thorondoropedia - Your source to everything Aftermath

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,346 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:36 AM

I wish ALTAR the best of luck in this new transition. There are some genuinely nice people over there.

::

Hopefully this integration will provide them the necessary stability to go on delivering quality games.

#4 FullAuto

FullAuto

Catching the next pimpmobile outta here!

• Chief Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:48 PM

Where'd they get the money for that?

Erfworld - the finest comic about turn-based gaming ever.

#5 Guest_Guest_Knan_*_*

Guest_Guest_Knan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:02 PM

Military contracts? They do sell a military simulator version of the Arma II engine, for example.

Google Virtual Battlespace 2 / VBS2.

#6 FullAuto

FullAuto

Catching the next pimpmobile outta here!

• Chief Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

Ahh, I remember when something similar was done for the police, with SWAT 3 or 4?  Very interesting idea.

Erfworld - the finest comic about turn-based gaming ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users