binocular222, on 16 July 2008 - 04:39 PM, said:
I divide weapons into 6 groups:
(3)SMG and MG
Beside, is there any difference between Silent Storm and Silent Storm Sentinel?
Sentinels is what Silent Storm should've been. It adds to the original game while remaining more than familiar.
Talking about the weapons, I don't min-max anymore. I like weapons for their style, looks and "SWAGness" over raw damage values. Thus take my (necro'd beyond belief) suggestions with a pinch of salt.
1) Pistols. Webley-Scott. I rarely use pistols. But when I do, I will use this. It has low capacity, high space / ammo but is easy to use and has quite a bang.
2) Sniper: Manlicher-Carcano w/ scope. Once again, low ammo capacity, high space / ammo - but is easy to use and the damage isn't that bad. SVTs and AKSes are for the weak. Also comes with a unique firing sound.
3) (S)MG: Most of them are rubbish. And if the range is short enough, most are equally good. German MGs do have the benefit of sharing the ammo type with rifles.
4) Grenades: Even with a dedicated high STR grenadier, most heavy grenades are simply too heavy. Any light or medium fragmentation grenade will do.
5) Heavy weapon: Lasers are for the weak. But then again, so are most of the heavy weapons. When the target is a brick wall, it doesn't really matter which of the rocket launchers you use. Although the PIAT feels the worse.
6) Rifle: Manlicher-Carcano. Same reasoning as the sniper, obviously without the scope.