X-COM Modders' Forum

Tammy

Well, in case you haven't already noticed, there is a new forum on the boards. There are so many people here who are talented at modding the games, and quite a few others who would probably like to know more about it, that it seems like a good idea to have a place to pull it all together. Since modding is a rather complex topic, spam will be particularly a no-no in the modders' forum.

Well, what are you waiting for? Get in there and tell us all you know about modding or ask questions or something. :) Modding is a great way to keep X-COM alive and even maybe to revive interest to the point of making a new game a more profitable venture--we all know how important that is!

• 3 weeks later...
Great Space, they sended an email to INFOGRAMES to ask for permission, I think they have nothing to say anymore, Firaxis is the owner if the rumours are right.

Firaxis does NOT own the rights to xcom. I received a reply from Firaxis' Lindsay Riehl, Director of Marketing, Public Relations stating that infogrames (recently renamed to Atari, in case you hadn't heard) still owns the rights. I have a copy of the email if anyone is seriously interested. That is why our request for permission to create Xenocide as close to UFO Defense as possible was directed to Infogrames Interactive (US division)'s legal department.

• 6 years later...
Firaxis does NOT own the rights to xcom. I received a reply from Firaxis' Lindsay Riehl, Director of Marketing, Public Relations stating that infogrames (recently renamed to Atari, in case you hadn't heard) still owns the rights. I have a copy of the email if anyone is seriously interested. That is why our request for permission to create Xenocide as close to UFO Defense as possible was directed to Infogrames Interactive (US division)'s legal department.

;) Ok

Legal stuff is so frightening ..its like the dark side.. :D