• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a flash game again, but this is well worth the thread hijacking.

There's a Spectrum game I've been attempting to track down for a long while now and I've finally located it in playable form so you can try it yourself directly online.

The game is called Crazy Bugs! and you can find all the historical particulars here.

I used to play it in my TC2068 (Timex Computer, equivalent to ZX Spectrum but with higher specs).

To give it a go visit this site and search for Crazy Bugs! in the alphabetical list on the left hand side of the page.

If you leave the game idling on the main screen for half a minute or so another screen with animated instructions will show up. The premise is simple: catch the insect eggs laid by the bugs and the timer bonus thingies while avoiding the critters. Once you've gotten all there is to get in a level an opening to let you escape the labyrinth will appear.

Every time you succeed the labyrinth reforms and gets tougher, also with added critters coming into play.

At first glance it may look like a Pacman clone, but trust me, this is its own game and the AI, especially for a 1983 game, is really something else!

Keys: Left=i Right=p Up=q Down=z

::

Enjoy. smile.png

• 4 months later...