Your attention please!

thecyke

Ok, some great news for you all :)

I have just completed an in depth 3 part interview with DAVE ELLIS of X-Com fame and put part one up on my site, here is the link.

Dave is the guy who has written more X-Com guides than you have had hot dinners (only a slight exaggeration actually), he designed Interceptor and was in the process of giving us X-Com Genesis when his team was laid off in a series of sweeping budget cuts by the corporate shaven monkeys (my words, not his).

Part One focuses on the early days, part two will be largely about Interceptor and part three blew my socks off and permanently placed my jaw on the ground as he answered everything i threw at him about Genesis.

It really is all a great read, and what the hell are you still here for? Go read it!!!

All good things will come to those who wait !

Aaacckk....I try to ignore such moral virtues but at the end it's useless to fight them.

Oh well, at least now there's a schedule for the publication of the other parts of the interview. Expect triple-copies of signed, stamped and otherwise properly filled complaint forms in the case of any delays. :)

In any case I'm curious to see what he said about Genesis and how it corresponds to the image made by the fans of the series.

Hey MicahDG going by your theory, whats the point in hanging around a site based on a dead licence then? Any real x-com fan will love this stuff.

On these sites that you say are based on dead licenses I talk about a game that actually exists and is playable (UFO Defense), not something that will never be. And I did not say it was a dead license. I said that Genesis was dead. And I also did not mean to mock Genesis. I wish to high heaven that Hasborg had never assimilated Microprose and given Chapell Hill the axe. Just recently I had an old screenshot from here:

https://www.monitorstudios.com/bcloward/port_xcom.html

as my windows background. I just think there is no need to get so excited about talking about it again because it is rather depressing, but hey, spend your time how you want :)

I'll still read the interview, though, because David Ellis is an interesting person.