Whats the funniest thing you have seen in the game?

TeRmInAtOr

Well we sure do get Sadistic playing this game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had lots of funny incidents but well you may hear some over here.

In the allied mission where you have to find that Black SS officer and his papers that we find him burning.... I used the eastern way through and went to the back of the buildings from there I entered by blowing a big hole in back and entered the mid building where there are 4 rooftop snipers, well I being on the ground floor started laying TMD mines (item code 371) all over the place and got the hell outta there and from a safe angle threw a grenade inside from a safe angle and the whole five story building came down killing all the Axis Soldiers inside!...... :evil: :twisted:

Another one was once I had the Sea-Devil sniper and was standing 1 or 2 metres away from an axis sniper , I fired , it him some where on the chest, there was a window behind him and behind that another window of another building , this guy flew outta one window to the other and into the next building.....

Another time I sniped a guy from below and he fell right into a bathtub,

Another time I hit a guy with a Colt 1911 on the head and went backward and lands on a comode.. :lol:

Another time I snipe a guy on the head and he flies backwards and he bounces back from a wall and lands on a grill with his mid section being banged by the grill, I have the picture! i will show you... please the e-mail address.

Ok, this happened in the Sentinels demo but I think it still counts...

I dont know how rare it is but I still laughed like hell coz it was the first time for me.

I was doing the last mission available in the demo. I had shooted one guy to ''critical contidion`` on the last turn and suprisingly he started healing him self. One of the new features in the game ( i think ). but anyway... I ought to shoot him in the executionar style with a sniper in the head and.... his exploded in to million peaces!

• 6 months later...

Yesterday i shot a soldier with the Sea Devil sniper gun, the bullet blew a hole in the wall behind the soldier. As he collapsed backwards he fell through the hole and slided into the room behind it :lol: Later in the same mission i missed with a shot of the MG42 and the bullet hit some gascontainers behind a gate (it went trough that gate). The following explosion took half of the factory with it, surprisingly not one of the civilians (mission critical!) was hurt! Later when i opened the gate two civilians were sitting on a small 2x2 field that did hang over the crater DIRECTLY behind them, they had been REALLY lucky! :o One step back or the explosion a tiny bit stronger and they would have been bbqed...

Oh and at one point i killed two enemies (and hurt a third one) with one salvo of the MG42 through a closed door...

• 4 months later...

The joy of nades

in a random encounter i came across a pair of bad guys in a room so decided to blow them up. but as i'm using the increased range mod and Taras has improved throwing the nade "stotted" straight off the german helmet and was returned to sender ending his turn and life. ;):)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
In the attack on the allied warehouse, I had a German soldier get caught half-way through one of the large metal gates, legs sticking out one side and head and arms the other. I opened and closed the gate several times just for laughs.

I dunno if this was intentional or just the game moving the corpse out of the way like it does when a door swings on it, but when one of those gates came down to bisect a 'corpse', for a moment, it lookedl like he was twitching.

• 4 weeks later...

Two days ago, I started an allied campain.nothing exeptional.

Several missions after the start (3 i think) i decided to play a random encounter.

It took place arround some kind of military jail or something like that.

There was a soldier crounching behind a gate.

I tried to shoot the guy trhough the gate but when i shot with the rifle, the bullet opened the gate so strongly that the guys behind was ejected and flew all the map wide.

The funniest thing is that the guys was still alive at the end. I discovered it when he made all the way arround the fence and attacked my men from behind.

• 2 years later...

This is kinda funny and strange at the same time... Played a scripted mission yesterday (the mission with the two buildings, the road with the 3 friendly allies and where the guy comes crashing through a window when you get too close). Anyway, I sent my hero scout to the smaller building to investigate. She opens the door and shoots two baddies with her trusty silenced Welrod, then backs out and forgets to close the door behind her. Next round another baddie inside walks out the door and shoots her in the face. She survives and manages to shoot the guy a number of times but couldn't finish him off because her gun needed to be reloaded. Great, I was half expecting my scout to be shot at point blank range and die. Nope. The enemy soldier actually dropped all of his inventory to the ground! ;) Talk about a sitting duck. :)

- Zombie

LOL :)

Geez, this happened to me again on a different scripted mission! I had my 2 scouts stand at the top of a stairwell - one with the legally-acquired Katana and Welrod, the other with a M3 knife and a silenced M3A1 SMG. Kate blasted the enemy with a full burst from the M3A1 and then my Hero scout shot a few rounds into him with her Welrod. Of course I couldn't kill him, but during his round he did nothing except drop all his weapons and items to the ground. Odd. I wonder if this has anything to do with criticals to a certain area of the body rather than an intentional AI "strategy"? For both times, the enemy was below my scouts, so maybe it's a head-shot which causes the enemy to drop it's stuff as a delayed reaction during it's turn. Hmmm. :);)

- Zombie

Are you using any mods or are there any other weapons lying around near the baddies, Zombie?

I've seen similar events as well when using 'AP for Inventory Usage', and the enemy see's a better weapon lying around. For whatever reason the AI will usually dump all of it's kit before picking up new stuff, and in this case, they simply run out of AP's before they can rearm ( which seems probable since you've already wounded the guy and scripted missions usually contain high quality gear ).

I'm not using any mods, but aye, there were weapons on the ground in both scenarios. (A stairwell is an obvious bottleneck where there will be a lot of bodies piling up, and around doors are another area). :) So I guess that it's just a case of an enemy running across a better weapon on the ground and the AI decides to swap. I didn't know the game was this advanced, but you make a pretty good case for it. :)

Thanks for the explanation Kaije! ;)

- Zombie

And what do you need that for ma'am? ;)

Civilians pick up weapons sometimes. And enemy engineers quite often drop their pistol popguns and grab a fallen soldier's rifle or fancy smg. Sensible.

Sensible, yes. But when you've been playing X-COM you get complacent because the aliens and civilians are oblivious to stuff on the ground. :)

- Zombie

• 5 years later...
Civilians pick up weapons sometimes. And enemy engineers quite often drop their pistol popguns and grab a fallen soldier's rifle or fancy smg. Sensible.

I was on another scripted mission this evening where there were enemies and allies present. My team was doing well, killing enemies from long range sniper shots and mid-range MG blasts. Being curious, I watched the allies round. Lo and behold, there they were, dropping their SMGs and mags to the ground and picking up weapons from the dead enemies. So... how do I get those weapons for my team? It's bloodbath time for the allies! rolleyes.gif

- Zombie