Locked door marked 'P'

Milly

Can anyone PLEASE tell me when/what you have to do to get into that damned door marked 'P' in the Barracks/Command Center place where you outfit your troops? I beat the game in the Axis campaign and Im level 15-20 and its always locked!

- Thanks

[Milly]

I see, my intial thought was it was a 'Parking Garage' but I found out you couldnt drive vehicles (in the normal sense) and I went to that mission (in Ural Mts) where you first find PKs and cant set off any mines (at least that was MY first time seeing them) so do I encounter PKs on Random battles? Because there are no more missions =-(

- Milly

Yeah, directly after I posted that I found some in a very odd... very... well, a very weird place. Some of you may know what Im referring to, I dont want to spoil it for ya. Anyways, thank guys. Also, how does the weapons cache work? Like, I put a Allied gun in there, went off, did some missions and came back and then there was tons of ammo for it in there too, yet my STG 43 never has any ammo? And is the Armord Suit section for PKs?

- Milly

hmm let me guess, you were wandering arounf the Swiss coutryside?

Anyway.. if you are playing for the Allies you won't get given ammo for the STG 43 as it's a German gun. It's a pity because it is a damn fine weapon.

You will however get given ammo for weapos that your team is equipped with by default, even if they are non-allied weapons. Of course, with ammo being so freely available at base I don't feel so bad using the 'GetItem' cheat occasinaly to make sure I have enough ammo before embarking on a mission. I then use self-control to stop myself cheating on the mission itself.

Those Swiss... always up to somethin :wink: Well, I havent played the Allies too much yet, I beat the Axis missions, and was going to go onto Allies, but the Allies look horrid in my opinion. They all look like Civil War era soldiers! Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Enemy at the Gates, all very fine historically correct movies, and none of the available Allied uniforms resemble anything as cool as the Axis scouts or soldiers.

- Matt

I played the allies mission first for opposite reasons-none of the german uniforms seem to make sense.

You could always re-play the axis missions, every game should be different as clues seem randomly leading to missions. You won't play through every axis mission on a play through.

A lot of people are working on Uniform mods. So I guess these compaints are pretty common. Check out the modding area and the downlaods at S2HQ. I shoud have another uniform mod online later today or tomorrow as Oddball is going to email one to me.

So the missions in the game (not random encounters) are different each time you play? I wasnt really sure about this game, but the idea of a turned-base WW2 game with pretty good graphics and environment interaction sounded too good to pass up. Hopefully some better lookin uniforms will make me want to play the Allied campaign and this game will give me some good replay value

- Milly

Yep...

I'll try and explain how it works.

There are a set bunch of mission maps (I think it's about 23, not sure how many extras are specific to the different campaigns)

Each map has a number of random clue locations, these can contain any of a number of different clues. As you progress through the game the clues you find determine which maps become available.

The clues are random. Nival have said that it is entirely possible you could get the clues that lead to the end mission in about 4 maps.. if you were really lucky (unlucky?)

This means that each game will be different. Maybe not as different as they could be.. the basic plot reamins the same, and after a couple of games you will have probably seen most maps, but it does leave room for suprises and replayability.

Hope that helps.