The A2Gun too weak? Are you sure?
I remember having to decrease its damage as it was way too strong in the first release... Oh and which of the both ammos is too weak ? The long-lasting flamethrower or the regular ammo?
The weapons "without ammo" do have ammo, but they can only be recharged in the base, they have a fixed number of shots, once they are empty you have to use something else, as they have to be returned to base for new ammo. This is the same for some weapons of the unmodded game, e.g. the turrets. We made that because those weapons would be too strong otherwise.
The enemy that needed three hits to die is maybe an enemy we added as a "reticulan general" It has an extremely good armour and some good weapons as well. (secret: It has a weakness: Fire!) If it's shield changes its colour you found him.
Or maybe you did hit the reticulan with a weapon that was weak against that special armour?
Speaking of armour: The game is programmed to only allow two heavy armours, sorry. Can't do anything there. But those two armours have other strenghts anyway. AND that way you still have a reason to use the original heavy armours.
The main idea behind the mod was to give every piece of equipment its own individual strengths and weaknesses. So nothing would be completely useless after you received another item. We worked hard to balance this out (especially Lurker and Kret) and i hope we acchieved a part of that goal.
The snipers could need a change, i will ask BlackAlmaz to change it a bit for the next version. I think he had them toned down a bit as the enemy was a bit too powerful with them, but i could be wrong. I'll note that for him (He's gone for some days)
Glossary-entries are difficult and soldiers on the ground are not possible. The first could MAYBE be added but we need a volunteer to change the file as we never thought it to be important
We once had a guy who wrote the textes for the glossary, but he never delivered the completed mod file. And we had no experience with that file so we left it out.
I hope i could answer all your questions ?
Thx for your constructive critic and keep those ideas coming!
Note to BA:
1. Add an "incendiary" rocket turret
2. Recheck the damage and balance of the Sniper-guns (increase) and aimtime.
3. Add that "riding" enemy you posted about
4. Add even more enemies. (Predator, "Aliens" etc.)
5. Add the changes Kret made to the energy weapons
6. Make the Alien Psi-Blaster stronger. 50 damage is not enough. Make it useful.
7. Make the Alien laser cartridges usable in the human laser weapons. This would give them a use and they wouldn't flood your storage room. Maybe with a lesser capacitiy then the human ones, so those still need to produced.
8. Give Warp-Medikit more range
9. Give Psi-Crusher a different damage-type (soft) and give it a nice small explosion animation (so that it is different from the Psi-Blaster) and change damage (increase a bit)
10. Let's take a look at the smoke-grenade-animation, can we make the smoke last longer?
11. Recheck A2Gun damage
If i missed any wishes post here!