new models

BlackAlmaz

https://au.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/bla...rc=bc%26.view=l

try this

or https://au.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/blackalmaz/..they they should let you through

i have no probelm checking them....if the problem pops up...i'll try na fix it

i'm thinking of starting small...and than maybe go to a avp mod....stargate......or even warhammer 40k

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i fund a way to make a flying unit.......its very simple...

by using any of the hovering models....and crating a hidden base for them...i think i can make fluying suits......or even a helicopter......but the suits cant be taken off...so its a bit like the muton.....one problem is the animation..that comes with such a unti...so if i took the spikes.... i would have only created a probe...

and i take that other octapus type floating one...i can think of a few things i can do with it

Thanks.

The 'briefcase' links to a directory seem to work for me.

--

I think that it all looks exciting.

Please, BlackAlmaz, send whatever you have to Aralez so that Aralez can get it skinned or colored, and then included in Aralez's Rebalance mod.

It would be nice to see Aralez use the new LurkerGun model for the two types of LurkerGun, that's my opinion.

If you can create something that appears to fly or float, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of jetpack rocketmen in the crew, or a couple of orange etherials that walk on air, or one of those floating UFO-sounding cyberdisks from X-Com in the crew aka the tanks that come with the Sectoids in X-Com, and/or the Plasma Hover Tank from X-Com that's in the crew.

And, we know that everyone wants a regular ground crawling rocket launching tank or two.

And, if Aralez uses a couple of your sniper models to add new weapons to UFO:AM, I wouldn't mind that either.

Lots of things that can be done now!

BlackAlmaz and me experience some problems atm (invisible models, CTD's). Remember that the tools are not final versions, they are still being developed by Fulby, it's only natural that this happens. So don't except anything revolutionary too fast. What you probably see first will be some edited original models of weapons already in the mod and some new heads for those cyborgs, sectoids and mutons. Maybe after that some new armours and aliens, and then MAYBE a tank. The tank model itself will be the smallest problem, making it behave properly will be a TOUGH thing. There are basically two ways, make it a piece of eqipment like a weapon (a huge one admitted ;) ) or make it some kind of armour. The first one will be no good decision, as you would be able to uneqip the tank then and you can't influence hitpoints or resistances that way. So that leaves the armour. But: How do you give it enough strength? We could make it have high resistances, but the Berzerkarmour would be almost as strong and noone would use the tank then. How do we add weapons to it? I mean there would be no way to make tank-only weapons. etc etc etc.

You see there are a lot of problems and it will take a lot of time to get rid of them.

Btw, i probably have a solution for the tank: Maybe we replace the heavy armour with it and give those tank weapons the "turret-weapon" id, but that is stuff for future days....

I wouldn't replace the Heavy Armor with a tank.

If you can help it, you don't want the original weapons and original armor disappearing, because someone will invariably be complaining about bugs and other things when their favorite stuff starts to go away.

You might not be able to do a tank in UFO:AM.

So, maybe you would be better off creating a humanoid metalic robot, that will function much like a humanoid, but be metalic and come with a super Blue Colored Berzerk type armor right from the start, all of its armor maxed out.

There are cute robots and ugly robots, and you could probably put one of each into the crew.

I hope that you'll be able to get an Etherial into the mix, if you can figure out a way to adapt the humanoid models so that it looks like the critter is floating. Anybody remember the aliens in Dark City, the way that they moved or floated through the air? Of course, walking on air would be a cool look if you can get the model up off the ground.

Star Trek had robots that float in the air. You could have a floating robot with arms that will take any kind of weapon into its arms. You keep the basic loadout of arms, backpack, and belt, but get rid of the legs so the robot will hover or float?

I don't know what will be possible, but I imagine that a pure tank or a pure plasma hovercraft might be impossible to work into the inventory system of arms, backpack, and belt. Hopefully in Aftershock, Altar will find built-in ways to get around some of these 'logic' obstacles.

I'd like an Etherial or two in the crew.

Last I heard from you, it was impossible to make any more new aliens to fight against.

Has that changed?

I thought that it was only the crew that you could modify and change and add to, without risk of messing up the game.

I'm sure you could replace one alien model with another one, but then you would be losing an alien in order to get another type of alien, and I'm not sure that everyone would like that. I thought that you used up all the extra available slots for the aliens in order to create the Popper and the Spitter.

Did I misunderstand, once again?

i was able to import a new light armour....with small cahnges...so i guess it could be done to an alian..if it was exported well...and fulby what do you mean about the pivet...i build a new model right next to the old...and than place it in its place...and it ends up looking prity good...i try and make the angle all the same

No, Lurker, you aren't wrong. BEFORE the model-editor appeared the mod was all that could be done, now new possibilities are here! BlackAlmaz seems to have made some huge advances regarding working models. I have to admit i simply didn't have enough time to do something useful in the last days, but i will join the model-editor-crew fully after sunday.

The pivot (I think) controls where the game places the model in relation to the soldier's hands, so putting a replacement model at the same coordinates in Milkshape should make it appear in the same place in the game.

The problem with starting new models is how you handle meshes/groups. A group in Milkshape becomes a mesh in the UFO:AM format. You shouldn't try to add new meshes to a character file (it might work with weapons), so how are you grouping the new vertices? Are you assigning them to a group with the same name as the original? Are you exporting the whole model as a single mesh?

Fulby

i group all the mashes into one...it maters not what name you group them under.

than export to where your going to make a mod...for example the m16......

get the original...h_ar_m4 and copy to the file of the mod

then open both....replce the number orvertacies(not the name)and cut and paste all the numbers from your model over the original file...(only the numbers make shore you dont go over any text!!!)...and than do the same with count...replace the number of count and the numbers underneath...and do nt add end_of_mesh like fulby said

ha ha...... new modile...in..flame througher..avp2 style..looks so good...coud do with some more range...and amoo...but wow..i'll upload a pick later..going for a run now...

slaughter your dream are coming true...i'll fix the pulse rifle and get one with the smart gun

are there nay fans of the Ufo enemy unknown heavy plasma...because i'm half way done with it.

slaughter i have created the smart gun..it worked so well...all i have to do is make proparties and a texture for it..i'm uploading new pics to the space you gave me...and if you whant to try it...just tell me...its in the model of a pump shot gun

i have also uploaded the new mod to that space....i did select the wrong wepons for the new models..but all will be fixed in my next mod...should be done in 1-2 days

and sorry lurker i forgot to up load your gun...next time...

and i found a way to mail big files...pm me your email..or...slaughter can you post that mod..to a moders and admin file only...we dont wont any one else to get a taste untill textures and configs are done

ohhhhh! and i found a way to creat a motion detactor....well all it does is give away enemy positions.....its going to be apart of my avp weapons collection....

Great job BlackAlmaz, everything looks very nice.

Aralez, regarding the tank issue, what do you think of adding it as a "creature" with it's inherent armor and weapon?

Interesting thought. Will look at it.

Btw, BlackAlmaz did send me some new pics of his modelling tests. Here they are: Click here

Oh and Slaughter, maybe you could delete the redux-mod file, so you have some more space on your server?

i fixed up some stuff with the and i have added the lurker gun...

i'm thinking of creating a heavy burner..i will use the gaelling gun for the base......it will only be used by havevy armours....but the range and strangth will be great

i'm having ideas about a AVsP Mod..

i can make all themodels...i just need help with human and alians...because i'm having a bit of trouble...with the helmits....

and some body parts

i have created a somewhat of an alian using the mash of the dog...ots short and long.....it looks prity cool...but i havent exported/imported the modell

ohh and aralez what do you think of my new model??..and can you make a texture for both the pulse gun and smart gun...and statistcs for them....

ohh and i need new ideas....and orther any other weapons from avp that you want...and that i have missed-rail sniper?-mini gun we have

i can make a model where both the pulse rifle and the flame througth are combined....are there any other models that you whant combined?

the OICW is ready..will place it insted of the fal just for tests

i also made a enfield rifle...if any one whants it......

heavy plasma gun on the way....(from X-com)

chainsaw coming up.....

....but i need more ideas.....on new models..or on how i can improve on these ones