UFO crashes

Solfius

Like it says on the topic desription, it crashes, without warning, one minute i'm happily clearing out and alien crash site next minute i'm unhappily looking at my desktop, having just lost all my unsaved mission data. The screen flashes black then its as if I had come out of it properly, no error messege or anything. I think it may happne when I click to do something but I'm not too sure. Any one have any idead whats wrong?

Find out the problem, once you find it out post it here. :hmmm: (Well no duh!)

I once had a problem that whenever I told my Avenger to do anything the game would

crash. The bad thing was it was after a ship and whenever it shot it down it would crash.

If I tried to minimize the battle it would crash after about a minute game time. Eventually

I had to sell my Avenger. The strange thing was it still showed the minimized picture

in the corner and if I clicked on it... BOOM my game would crash.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My game crashes when I look at Floater research as well. I was hoping someone knew how to fix this.

Windows XP, 8GB HD, Direct X 8, 256MB RAM, using f0dder patch.

I was just getting into the game too. February of first year, just starting to roll out the laser rifles. Please don't tell me this is going to happen everytime I get to this point in the game. :D

Ken

• 1 month later...

Same for me. I remember, that something similar happened with the collectors version of TFTD, too. UFO chrashes, when the Floater medic research has been finished. Im not sure at this point, but I could swear that I've never captured this medic. And indeed, the research screen shows me a Snakeman instead of the Floater Medic :D

Win2k - SP3

AMD Proc

512MB DDR

GeForce3

f0dder Patch

• 4 weeks later...

I know there is a bug in the game that makes it crash. It could be your problem. Whenever you save a game and one of your ships is currently tailing a UFO, it has a high probability of crashing. It mostly happens if, say theyre trying to make a base and your still tailing some UFOs while you land on a tactical mission. When you finish the misssion, the game while go to the global view, zoom all the way out, and go back to windows. Just make sure you dont have any ships tailing UFOs when you save or go on a tactical mission; thats the saftest way to avoid that problem.

As for the researching floater medics, Ive never had any problems with that on either the original or Collector's Edition