Elite: Dangerous

Space Voyager

Some good changes, definitely. I still think the upkeep cost is a redundant mechanics, inactivity of the carrier would IMO be a vastly better option for automatic carrier decommissioning. As is, a person with a huge fund can keep a totally inactive carrier in service for years, while a less wealthy player will lose a very useful carrier if he can't put in a continuous grind for credits.

Carrier will obviously still a no-go for me, unless I will find a real goal I wish to achieve with it. Currently, this only seems to be visiting a star, too far for the regular ships to jump to. Seriously, everything else seems to be far more efficient with the use of existing infrastructure.

• 3 weeks later...

Disembark, Commander, and leave your mark on the galaxy in Elite Dangerous: Odyssey. Explore distant worlds on foot and expand the frontier of known space. Be the first to step out onto countless unique planets as you discover land untouched since time began. Elite Dangerous: Odyssey invites you to become a true pioneer.

::

To become available by early 2021. Learn more here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC2m3cH0nDU

The time has come for us to journey together in your very own Fleet Carrier. Build your new home with your friends and comrades to explore, fight, mine, and set up way points among the stars. The newest tool for you to blaze your trail through the Elite Dangerous galaxy is available now.

Learn more here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Interestingly, a lot of people are not satisfied by the current promises of Odyssey. Well, people being people, perhaps not very surprising. Everybody seems to want to walk around the ship. Which... Ok, but what will I do? Make coffee? Manually repair stuff? I don't want in-ship gameplay, at least not as a priority. I want more things to find out there, more danger to galaxy.

The only concern I have is will the new additions make any real impact. Better planetary surfaces are really cool, but how many times will I see them? Will I have any real reason to land on planets - and will taking a sample in every 1000th system really be the only reason to walk as an explorer?

I remain optimistic and mainly - with the hours spent in the game, with the sanity it helped me retain at the utterly crappy times at work - I'll buy anything they make.

• 1 month later...

667b87454b96d7d6e8e0451aa2b1e6e680bd0d24_400x225.png

Learn more here.

Heh, I was wondering how many versions they plan to support... Also, the number of non-Horizons players is probably very low by now. I bought Horizons and have nothing against others getting it for free after several years. In case you're wondering - I WILL buy Odyssey. Even if it takes a kidney. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Experience a whole new angle on the galaxy with the Horizons season, now included in Elite Dangerous. Journey from the stars to the surfaces of strange worlds, hit the ground running in the Scarab Surface Recon Vehicle, craft weapons, deploy ship-launched fighters and experience exhilarating multicrew co-op action.

Owners of the base game get Horizons for free.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...