#121 Thorondor

Thorondor

Thorondoropedia - Your source to everything Aftermath

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,232 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

::

The third Elite Dangerous season continues with the release of its second chapter, featuring new ships, new Thargoid encounters and additional gameplay content. Chapter Three and Chapter Four will launch later this year. The Beyond season of game updates is FREE for all Elite Dangerous and Elite Dangerous: Horizons players.

#122 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:04 AM

I already have the Krait, very cool ship! The ship launched fighter helps a lot when fighting Thargoid interceptors and the view is almost as good as in an ASP Explorer, also I was able to use most Python's parts to avoid all-ship-engineering. Very manoeuvrable, pretty fast ship with a punch. If anyone is into Elite, it is as if someone merged the Python and Fer-de-Lance and added great view and SLF.

Which means it will be nerfed soon. :)

#123 Thorondor

Thorondor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,232 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image

PC Gamer's Andy Kelly found out more about the mind-bending science behind the planets of Elite Dangerous, as reported here.

#124 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:25 AM

Science my arse, travelling anywhere takes far too much time! It is not possible that you need almost a minute just to jump from one star to another... :D

But seriously, ED is a huge timesink. I love the game but this aspect really could be better.

I'm trying to kick myself to take a break and create a photobook. Five years is too much for one book and we're there already. But if I make a pledge to not play any games (or at least ED) until it is made, you'll see me in my most productive self EVER. It would be best to take a long break, until Q4, when a major update for mining and exploration is announced.

#125 Thorondor

Thorondor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,232 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:20 PM

With each passing day, humanity learns more about the Guardians, and the discovery of Guardian beacons has unearthed yet more data. Using this information, Guardian expert Ram Tah has succeeded in combining human and Guardian technology, resulting in three revolutionary new fighters: the XG7 Trident, the GX8 Javelin and the XG9 Lance. Their armaments and Guardian-inspired design will make them effective against both human and Thargoid targets. Commanders are encouraged to seek out the Guardian beacons, gather fresh data, and contribute to the production of these new fighters.

Elite Dangerous' next content update, Beyond's chapter three, will go live on the 28th of August.

#126 Thorondor

Thorondor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,232 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:18 PM

Chapter Three is headlined by a new ship, a selection of sleek new Guardian Fighters, and some mysterious new Guardian Beacons hidden in the depths of the galaxy.

#127 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:20 AM

Guardian fighters are utter crap, their hulls are paper thin and their shields do not stand out either. So they vanish in an instant. No wonder Guardians vanished, too. ;)

ANYWAY, I'm pretty bored with the game so I'm joining a possibly interesting voyage into a previously unreachable Cone sector riding Canonn's megaship Gnosis. The sector remains unreachable BUT Frontier will let the ship jump in. Jumping in sadly means that on Thursday, when Frontier imports all their updates and changes to the universe, the ship will be deleted from Outotz ST-I d9-4 and will be added to Cone Sector FN-J b9-0 with all the docked commanders. We'll be unable to return to the bubble until Gnosis jumps out in a month.

Presumably it will be an exploratory expedition (booooooring, done enough scanning) but we are alerted that there might be a widespread Thargoid infestation inside. But I fear a group named HALT more. These Thargoid huggers abuse the fact that anti-Thargoid weaponry does very little damage to Human ships and will attack anyone who has these weapons armed. Allegedly this is role-playing and they are trying to save Thargoids for whatever reason, but I'm sure their decision is largely backed by the fact that Thargoid hunters are more or less unarmed against them. So, my ship is not equipped against Thargoids but people. But, if possible, I'll have the rest of the equipment sent to the megaship. It will probably cost a fortune as the ship is pretty far from the inhabited space.

My prediction is that the whole expedition will be a total bore and I'll finally find the time for the photobook. If I'm wrong, the book will wait. :D

#128 Thorondor

Thorondor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,232 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:10 PM

Sounds like you're going for a cruise, SV, old chap.

The Gnosis is certainly impressive enough to house all a gentleman might need, including fine tea for you to sip whilst waiting for something even remotely of any import to occur that might be worthy of your attention.

Of course, one must not discount the likely rather entertaining Thargoid safari at the destination.

Do make sure to take some photos of the trophies to put on display at the Expedite Voyager Aristocrat's Club! Posted Image

#129 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:21 AM

Posted Image

I wouldn't know about the aristocrats and all, somehow it doesn't fit me. Safari on the other hand sounds juuuuust fine, since we'd be defending Human race and Gnosis - RP statement, though FD might actually stage an attack with possible damage to the ship. Anyway, I'm on the ship, waiting for the jump (Thursday morning).

Attacks on stations - and possibly Gnosis - are staged similarly to jumps. There are Thargoid signals in the system, which you can jump to and fight them. While avoiding HALT or simply playing in solo. If enough Thargoid ships are destroyed, the attack is deterred. If not, on Thursday the Gnosis is deleted and replaced by a damaged model. This is one of the many grievances in Elite - nothing ever happens on-line, everything is simulated into calculations and inserted when the "universal tick" occurs.

FD is currently also being bombarded by disappointed players for cancelling two of the main features they promised for Q4; player-owned carriers and upgraded icy world terrain. Both very anticipated features that would be better not to have been announced than later cancelled. Too bad, but we're presumably still getting things worth waiting for.

EDIT: Ah, I could've just checked for Obsidian's vids...

#130 Thorondor

Thorondor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,232 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:35 PM

Posted Image

So, yep, not to everyone's appreciation, Frontier decided to have a little fun at the expense of the Elite: Dangerous players who thought they could carry out a certain expedition, as reported by Kotaku's Nathan Grayson.

#131 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:35 PM

Worse. The article does not tell the ugly details... Ok, so Gnosis was intercepted and this was hinted at in forums for some time and written about as fact in Elite news six hours before the jump even occured. :D But no, this is not the ugly detail.

So some scrambled to defend the ship. And fired at the attackers in the fire exclusion zone. And got fired at by the Gnosis, destroyed and transported to detenton center. 1,5kLY away!

Frontier Developments reaaaaaally blew this one. The scenario was never thought throug and even less tried, not for a single minute. Anyone would notice these most distressing details. And yes, there are gankers aboard. Destroying other players just for kicks. They may be the most dissapointed bunch really as they hoped people wouldn't be able to get out of the prison of permit locked systems... :D

#132 Thorondor

Thorondor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,232 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:11 AM

Posted Image

PC Gamer's Andy Chalk reports Elite: Dangerous' famed Fuel Rats had a mishap due to a cat. :P

#133 Thorondor

Thorondor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,232 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:09 PM

Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Four update coming soon.

The beta for Chapter Four will be available to all PC Elite Dangerous and Elite Dangerous: Horizons players on Tuesday 30 October!

Learn more here.

#134 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:15 AM

View PostThorondor, on 11 October 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

PC Gamer's Andy Chalk reports Elite: Dangerous' famed Fuel Rats had a mishap due to a cat. Posted Image

OUCH. Good thing my can does not have access to the comp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users