#61 toast

toast

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:17 PM

ooda, on Sep 3 2002, 08:04 AM, said:

I got Windows XP not long ago, so I feel your pain mate. I won't even bother telling you to switch the compatibility mode to Windows 95, as this doesn't work for anything, at least what I have tried.

I haven't had time to try this method, but it should work. When you use this method, I'm assuming you have a fast processor and plenty of ram.

1. Install Virtual PC on your computer. I've heard that you can find registration details on the net, but I am not abdicating this.

2. Install Windows 95/98 on your "virtual" drive.

3. While running XP, run Virtual PC and run Windows 95/98. Then run X-COM.

4. If you're using one of the early X-COM's then you will have to install a processor slowdown utility such as moslow. For slowdown utilities try
here.

Hope this works  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#62 toast

toast

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:20 PM

dude...thanks a million...a managed to get a 45 day trial of virtual pc and installed windows 98 and now am playing xcom...i just hope i can finish it within 45 days...once again thanks.
;)

#63 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:41 PM

Glad to hear it worked out for you toast. And as an alternative, you can always download the Windows version of UFO from Fileplanet ;). Oh, and welcome to the boards!

#64 Stun Grenade

Stun Grenade

Keeping Mega-Primus safe since 2080

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:28 AM

somehow i feel that he was only here for the question....
"The Stun Grenade can be used to stun targets within a small area for a brief time. Larger Aliens may need weakening before they can be stunned."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users