168 replies to this topic

#21 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:54 AM

Such checks are possible and a re planned for some advanced conversions (like making a gun out of laser pistol, for example).

PSs are going to have a large variety of machineguns, launchers, anti-material guns, explosive cannons and energy-based weapons. As i wrote before - some of the PSs will be restricted to powerful specific guns, while others will be able to use different weapons.

#22 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

12mm Revolver with a combat scope. There is also a sniper version for this gun.

Posted Image

Revolver is capable of damaging Power Suits making it one of the few conventional anti-armour weapons...

#23 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

'Hunting' shotguns of the post-nuclear world:

Posted Image

Simple guns with 2 and 3 barrels. And sawn-off version ofcause Posted Image

Guns are primarly meant for farmers, civilians and bandits. But a sawn-off version might come in handy even for a shel-sec soldier (however there is already a military compact shotgun in game, but it can be acquired only by conversion).

#24 Fishmachine

Fishmachine

Lead Executive Complainer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

I'd play s***t out of it ;)

#25 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

Ok. The mod is being fired on. The very first version is ready to be tested by you, guys.

Download it and hopefully enjoy my attempts to make something special and completelly different on this marvelous game engine.

Feedback is welcome.

#26 Fireman

Fireman

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

First of all you need Silent Storm: Sentinels (24 Jun 2014 version).

So the apocalypse is between now and 24 June? D:

I'm going to give it a try when I have the time, SO MUCH GAMES TO PLAY.

#27 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

Emm.... 24 Jun 2004 what i meant :)

#28 Fishmachine

Fishmachine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

At a first glance the weapons are overpowered. Shotguns are murderous and fun ;)
Also, I don't like battes with lots of NPCs on both sides, as they tend to be stretched and not engaging.
Keep up the good work.

#29 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

1. There are no tiers in the mod, so weapons are somewhat balanced compared to each other. At least that was the idea. And guns should be deadly - they are guns after all.

2. Well, then you should not play the third mission :)

#30 Fishmachine

Fishmachine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:31 AM

Okim, on 16 January 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

1. There are no tiers in the mod, so weapons are somewhat balanced compared to each other. At least that was the idea. And guns should be deadly - they are guns after all.
2. Well, then you should not play the third mission Posted Image

1. I don't know if that's the best idea, actually. Weapon tiers nicely compose with class progress scheme in S3.
2. Got bored and turned it off in fourth round ;)

#31 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

1. I hate and always hated progression in weapons. I doubt that in real world there is so much difference between 5.56 M4 and 5.56 Famas. They are different, that`s true (mostly in how they are made and what mechanics they are using), but both have cons and pros and in total are comparable. Even if you take other 5.56 mm guns you`ll see that they too can`t be considered weapons of the same 'tier'.

In most circumstances the weapon`s performance is dictated by what accessories are attached to it. And that`s what i`m trying to represent in APN.

2. What was the most boring part? I suspect odd AI behavior (standing/kneeling/standing again etc.) and a bit too many bandits to wait for? Note that the first one is beyond the reach of the modding.

-------

Have you seen any randoms? I need to know if they are too small/easy/difficult/whatever.

Have you made any weapon conversions?

Hired any mercs?

What about the maps?

I need some more specific feedback.

#32 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

Finished creating a model for plasma pistol (and its CS version). This pistol also uses a new model for plasma bolt effect.

Posted Image

Plasma weapons fire devastating superheated bolts that not only blast everything they hit, but also damage everything is a small area of impact. These are the most powerful weapons in the mod, but also the most rare and expensive to use (6 shots cost around 1000 credits).

Against Power Suits a single direct hit can burn almost a half of its armour and even wound the operator (plasma guns deal damage on direct hit AND area damage, meaning that direct hit is almost a confirmed kill). Compared to lasers all plasma guns have a significant disadvantage - they are much less accurate and have less operational ranges.

#33 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

Design concepts for 7.7mm and 5.7mm assault rifles (heavy hitter and high ROF gun) compared to 9mm and 6mm rifles.

Posted Image

#34 Fishmachine

Fishmachine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Haven't played much, maybe 1,5-2hrs "wasted" with this mod. Got no random encounters (haven't even seen any - maybe their probability is too low?).
As of weapon conversions I've only repaired the hunting rifle from first mission, but haven't been using it, as there were no ammo in the store for it yet.
Due to low income and horrendous costs of ammo and mods only hired one merc - cheapest scout. But he (she?) didn't do much in the mission, as my main sniper simply murders anything at a range, while going for close encounters is simply not worth the risk.
Maps are not bad, but with these overpowered weapons anything beyond staying back and sniping is simply not effective.

#35 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:17 AM

What difficulty did you play on?

#36 Fishmachine

Fishmachine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

Normal? I don't really remember right now.

#37 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

On normal you deal +33% more damage and receive -33% less. The same goes for AP. Enemies on normal are 1 level lower than you and etc.

This may explain a bit your complains about weapons being overpowered, especially sniper rifles.

#38 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

Need your opinion on this subject: what is more effective - short burst or long burst?

I`m asking this because i`m thinking to actually introduce weapon tier of sorts. And current ShelSec 6mm and 10mm guns with their long bursts seem to be quite deadly. On the other hand these bursts miss much at long and even med range, so its somewhat balanced.

#39 Fishmachine

Fishmachine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Sorry, haven't really used burst mode - it's not very cost effective for a sniper ;)

#40 Okim

Okim

The great beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

A set of 7.7mm Assault Rifles:

Posted Image

Basic, Combat Scope, Sniper Scope, Extended Mag, EM + CS, EM + SN.

These rifles are 'heavy hitters', but take more AP to shot and fire less shots during bursts. Ah, and no silencers, tactical lasers and red dot scopes.

Clip size is just 18 shots, so extended mags (+36 shots) is a must have upgrade for the guns. Or you can use them as designated marsman rifles to fire single shots.

And this is a concept of 7.7 LMG:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users