This mod was originally ment for S2 (first franchise in SS series), but due to loss of the data base i had to abandon it. Almost a year have passed since that time and i`m once again eager to make this project see the world. However, with all the new database and stuff i decided to move to SS3 (Sentinels) game due to all its cool trading and armour thingies.
So, the mod. It takes place in a distant future in the world devastated by nuclear war. The origin of this war is now a mystery, but rumors are there that a series of well-planned terrorist bombings and assasinations triggered all the havoc out there resulting in world wide nuclear war.
The world suffered greatly after this war. Not just because the 90% of the surface is now covered in radiated dust and sand. Those who were killed in the initial blasts were lucky enough to avoid the hunger, deseases and violence that reaped through the survivors. But not all were doomed to survive on their own in the ruins of the civilisation - a couple of military, scientific and political groups escaped to old nuclear shelters and sealed themselves until the better times.
You are playing as a sergant in Shelter Security Special Forces (ShelSec for short). You start the game in a wasteland in commnad of a small patrol squad that just got ambushed by a group of bandits...
The other missions will take place in ruined cities, in underground shelters and warehouses, in city metro stations, vaults and simply in the wastes. Constant engagements with bandits, raiders and other bad guys will very fast switch to deadly battles with terrorists who were responsible for the Nuke-War and the new wasted world. Mission types will vary from raids and defences, to rescue operations and assasinations.
The equipment will be very scarce. You`ll have to loot anything from the battlefield. There will be lots of random encounters with intact buildings, stashes and bunkers as well as scenario based missions that contain valuable loot. Most places will require engineer with high enough lockpicking and mine clearing skills. Others will be guarded by some forces. The store will provide you with some limited basic military-grade stuff like 10mm pistols and smgs and 6mm assault rifles.
Meet your foe: a post
with descriptions and pics of all factions that are planned to be present in the mod.
Version 0.3 (30.11.2014): http://lordsofthesta...r/S3/APN.03.zip
How to install
First of all you need Silent Storm: Sentinels (24 Jun 2004 version).
1. Download the archive and unpack it into your Silent Storm Sentinels folder (Steam users can find it in steam\steamapps\common\Silent Storm Sentinels).
2. Launch the game and select 'custom game'. There should appear a 'A Post-Nuclear Campaign Mod...' in it. Select it and move it to the left window. Click 'accept'.
Note that you`ll have to do that every time you launch the game.
- mercs have original data that wasn`t modified in any way (background, pics etc.) Only their model looks and equipment was changed.
- texts contain typos and mistakes.
- certain areas of the mission maps may contain odd passability maps (units jumping over terrain or dissappearing for a moment or refusing to move into certain areas).
- shotguns have enourmous amounts of ammo (engine limitations, each pellet fired uses a single ammo unit - so 80 ammo for a basic 10Ga shotgun actually means 8 shots with 10 pellets per shot).
- dialogues are pretty primitive.
Some weapons of the post-nuclear world: http://lordsofthesta.../S3/allguns.jpg
42mm Grenade Launcher: http://lordsofthesta...her/S3/gren.jpg
Duel (allied ShelSec soldier against a bandit): http://lordsofthesta...her/S3/duel.jpg
ShelSec soldiers (allies): http://lordsofthesta.../S3/ShelSec.jpg
Shop inventory: http://www.lordsofth...er/S3/shop1.jpg
Global map of the mod: http://www.lordsofth.../map-global.jpg
Sector (region) map: http://www.lordsofth...map-shelter.jpg
Warrior Mk.2 Power Suit: http://www.lordsofth...other/S3/ps.jpg
to original mod`s page.