I think i finally came up with the idea of the mod.
Post-nuclear world somewhere in Europe. Somewhere near Ands or other mountains.
Your faction is a society of survivors who dwelt 20 years in a large Shelter "Ands-9". You are playing as a squad leader of special operations team that is used for dealing with the outside world and its dangers. The inner security is run by ShelSec (Shelter Security). You`ll probably see them from time to time in some support missions.
You are starting in the sector that contains your Shelter (which will be attacked in the very late game by some really bad ass guys - if i figure out how to force a mission to a player in SS1). After dealing with the main local threat in that sector - another near by sector will unlock. The goal is to defeat those bad ass guys in their hidden base.
The missions of your team will be:
1. secure the area (of bandits, raiders etc). Pretty simple missions in the start. Will have few clues/objectives that will unlock hideouts, stashes and etc.
2. scout the area (warehouses, stashes, factories, ruins etc). Those missions will take place in long ago abandoned areas. They will contain some enemies, but the main challenge will be in lock-picking/disarming various unbreakable lockers. The reward will be different - from medical supplies to Mechanised Armours (PK). Most of the time those wont contain any clues/objectives, but some such places will unlock another similar areas (via maps, comps etc).
3. defend settlement (either your or neutral). Yours will have ShelSec allies, neutral will have some armed civilians/guards. Rewards for aiding neutrals will be different, but mostly will come in extra medical supplies. Helping yours will be less rewarding, but ShelSec will be generous on arms and ammo. Clues will primarily consist of falling off maps and attacker`s leaders. Neutral settlement chiefs and other people might unlock some places of interest.
4. free settlement/slaves etc.. Pretty much the same as above, but with enemies defending and you attacking. You should act quick and probably be stealthy as enemies will turn their guns on civilians once they understand that they are losing. Rewards/clues are the same as above. Probably this might be dependent on how low the civ casualties are.
5. raid the hideout/camp/capture the leader. Pretty simple - you are beating the shit of the local gang, raiders or other bad guys. What you find there is yours. Clues are mostly represented by gang leaders unlocking their future plans or showing some locations. Leaders might start running away so you should be quick. Also being stealthy should be rewarded in some way on these missions.
6. attack the main camp/base. That`s a tough one. You`ll have to bring trained guys on this. These missions will unlock the other sectors on global map (you cleared the site, you take it for your needs - why not?). Lots of rewards, a pair of unique items and other stuff.
1. ambushes and patrols/
2. fights between gangs/locals. Saved locals might be grateful. Probably even unlocking some places of interest on the map.
3. places of interest that contain some limited un-scavenged supplies.
Now i just need to try making some maps to see how feasible this is
1. bandits. A bunch of un-organised scum that dwells in the post-apoc world. Nothing to wary about as they will mostly have small arms and melee weapons.
2. raiders. Organised gangs. Will have better weapons and larger numbers (plus - more hps).
3. cultists. Some crazy bastards that are seeing the world in their own twisted way. Pretty much the same raiders, but with other set of weapons and models.
4. bad ass guys. Those will start with standard military troops (with assault rifles, mguns and launchers). Later they will get energy guns and Mechs. The difficulty of those will be escalating, but turning on them will require some better equipment and skills.
Starting equipment will be very sparse. Some standard pistols. A few smgs and rifles. A single assault rifle and few grenades. Your store will constantly get only ammo for the starting weapons as well as simple grenades and medical/engineer equipment. All other toys you will be forced to salvage or loot.
Mech Armours will be a bit easy to find. Some of them will be available in the first sector (a rusty-dusty terrorist one with limited amount of ammo in a very difficult to lock-pick underground store). I`ll use all three types in the game with terrorist ones being used by old-time police forces (and thus being the most commonly seen and less deadly with no energy guns) and allied being the bad ass guy`s advanced Mechs with an ability to use energy guns. German ones will be their main, but less protective ones.