XCOM Enemy Unknown Demo Released!

Hobbes

XCOM Enemy Unknown

2K Games have released a free, playable demo of XCOM: Enemy Unknown for Windows PC, available through Steam at this page.

The demo consists a guided tour through two missions and to experience the XCOM base.

Enjoy responsibly, join in the discussion in our dedicated XCOM Enemy Unknown forum and enter our competition for a chance to win a boxed copy of the game.

It'll only take you an hour to rattle through this, and it's highly recommended to give it a whirl (obviously!) to get a feel for the game.

I've posted my thoughts here if you'd all care to chime in? Personally, I enjoyed it - very different and can feel a little restrictive in the first scripted mission but after that your squad-mates lives are in your hands :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've still not watched any of the vids past the earlier PAX ones I think - that one in the train yard was the last I saw.

It does spoil it a bit that they've released so much, and spoils it even more when every man and his dog has done massive amounts of playthrough videos already.

I remember the joys of the original when I genuinely didn't know what was coming next - even though I had played TFTD first ;)