Supporting StrategyCore through GamersGate

Pete

Hey everyone

Just a quick note to say that StrategyCore would appreciate your help if you shop at GamersGate.

It costs a lot to keep the lights on around here and we're proud to be advertising-free across the site.

If you do shop at GamersGate and would like to help us out then please bookmark this link: https://www.gamersgate.com/?aff=sc

Any games bought using that link means we receive 10% of the game's value from GamersGate. It doesn't cost you any more to do this and all you need to do is buy through that link to participate.

For those of you (including me) who access GG through a country-specific URL, the above link will automatically redirect you to your local URL.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Communiqué

We can't bring ourselves to believe someone hasn't yet pre-ordered the new XCOM. If for some unspeakable reason this happens to be your case, quickly seek the way of light and redemption by clicking the following link.

If you've been well-meaning but only pre-ordered a physical copy know that impending doom may still befall you. The disc may be damaged or you may damage the disc while feverishly trying to pry it from its holding place.

Imagine the cracking sound and the blood congealing in your veins as the full horror of what has just happened dawns upon you. oh.gif

The ensuing suicidal and/or homicidal behaviours are not befitting of XCOM Commanders.

So, follow best conduct, pre-order your digital copy immediately, conserve your life, rank and sanity and support our world-spanning organization.

We at StrategyCore HQ wish you a happy stay in your bunker in the upcoming invasion. Vigilo Confido!

::

For posterity: visual record of GamersGate under invasion by XCOM: Enemy Unknown in the early days of October 2012.

ggate_front_page_xcom_invasion.jpg ggate_xcom_pre_order_product_page.jpg

Speaking of which, I have a question. That "?aff=sc" appendix to the ordinary link needs to be added manually unless we have a direct link with it included, right? I tried adding it to GG homepage but as soon as you move to a game or a search, the appendix is gone - and so is supporting SC I suppose.

It should set a browser cookie or a server-side session variable in the background somewhere, so it will remember whilst you browse but it won't be apparent - as such you only need to bookmark the basic link with that on the end.

I know it works as the affiliate report I get states what has been bought (though obviously not who bought it) and on a couple of occasions someone bought multiple items and it was all in the same order and all counted - so feel free to go crazy ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey, I'm doing a "Zombie" and necroed this thread. thanks.gif The reason being is because I plan on spending a lot of money at GamersGate during their Summers Sale coming up. I'll use this time in order to purchase games via the link, which will benefit and support SC. I will also be giving away free games in the "Name that Strategy Game" thread. I'm looking at YOU S.V., Thor, Sun, Silencer.

-NoX