DAMN BRAINSUCKERS

NCC-1701-F

Yeah, my theory is that if by some unfortunate coincidence they step into a tile that was originally occupied by a human or hybrid agent targeted by a brainsucker that is now in mid-leap or somesuch, the brainsucker will accidentally land on the android's head instead and will brainsuck it anyway (what are the odds your androids have organic brains that can be infected by micronoids?).

Otherwise, brainsuckers do not actively target androids. So, if they're on their own, the brainsuckers will just mill about and twiddle their ... um, legs. This makes them great for carrying all the really important equipment you plan to use, like extra shields or vortex mines for those alien spawn pads.

But remember folks: Lying down keeps the brainsuckers away -- or at least, unconscious. The hardest part is is knowing when to lie down, and when not to kneel.

- NKF

I don't think you were meant to fall on top of anybody, and I think the game just handles this by stunning all the affected units. Although, I did notice that some units stay conscious -- for example, falling onto a megaspawn won't affect it one bit. Perhaps it depends on the superiority of the unit.

It's probably the same thing that happens to the brainsuckers when they jump on top of a prone soldier.

Also, while the jump command may seem useless, consider scenarios where you can jump straight down to where you want to go instead of having to walk a few yards away just to get to a staircase or grav-lift (if you don't have marsec torso plates). Also, in some cases, when you're very high up, you can get mind controlled enemies to jump to their doom. For example, in some of the really big UFOs there's a cluster of volatile thingies on some of the upper levels that, if shot, will make some pretty big holes -- and not to mention there's a very long drop to the ground from there. You can then get anthropods to toss off their PD shields and jump down. Don't forget to break psionic lock first. For what purpose would it serve though? Oh, I suppose it's a novel way of killing your enemy without even raising your hands against it -- just your mind.

edit: Ooh! A thought just occured to me. You could borrow a teleporter to a mind controlled unit, have it teleport up to a really high spot, drop the teleporter and have a soldier on standby pick it up, have the MC'd unit jump, and finally, in mid-jump, break psionic-lock. Therefore, instead of having the 'stun' raids, you could have a team of psionics walk in -- and claim that they were just standing there when everyone else went nuts and started jumping off the water tank or other silly things. But by then, why would you want to steal from the other organisations anyway? :power:

- NKF

No, it has nothing to do with you selling your goods. They'll get the tech anyway. I think it has something to do with your score.

If you play a game and hoard every single alien tech item, the MP organisations will still get the new technology after a while.

- NKF

Well, once, long ago, I hoarded the devestator cannons so that I could sell them all in bulk to take advantage of the initial resale price. It was so crowded in my storeroom that the only way I could bring new equipment in was from the loot you gather after each mission, or manually transfer the items by sending troops to literally pick up the equipment from another base.

I made absolutely sure not one cannon was sold. But before long, I found the organisations had acquired devestator cannons anyway. Same goes for the shields. In fact, I never ever sell the PD shields to anyone, but they still get them.

It does feel a little inconsistent at times, but that's how it goes.

- NKF

What's your score now?

Hmm, come to think of it, I don't really remember them ever getting dimension launchers or teleporters before, but I have a 140, 000 point score (400+ days into the game and counting).

- NKF